Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tenet (Christopher Nolan, September 3, 2020) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Don’t you dare start a ranking:crylaugh:

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I wasn't!

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. coleslawed and Serh like this.
  4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i like interstellar more than inception. has more emotional resonance and the ridiculous logic parts play over a bit better. inception is probably my least favorite since his run from batman begins

thedrudo likes this.
  5. [​IMG]

coleslawed and Night Channels like this.
  6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Interstellar is like 85% a great movie. It’s only once he goes into the black hole that it all falls apart. But everything up to that point is some of the most breathtaking, insanely good blockbuster filmmaking I’ve ever seen.

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I like Interstellar more than Inherent Vice. :kiss:

Insomnia is honestly the only Nolan film I don't love and even that's pretty good.

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. phaynes12

IV is probably on the same level, yeah. everything else is a decent amount better.

9. Thinking about inception, it's hard for me to watch now with all of the over explaining of everything. It was an awesome theatre experience though. Still love the JGL hallway fight.

phaynes12 likes this.
  10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I don't love Hard Eight either. Other than those two he does have a significant amount of masterpieces though I'll agree.

11. Anthony_

Inherent Vice will forever be a vastly underrated gem.

And I’m a huge Nolan stan, I love his all of movies, but I’d rather watch IV than pretty much any of Nolan’s movies. Maybe not The Dark Knight but that would be it.

Fronnyfron and phaynes12 like this.
  12. Dunkirk was on par with Fury Road for me in terms of just being completely absorbed by the action sequences in the theater

Jason Tate and Mrplum5089 like this.
  13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I really couldn't get into Interstellar or Dunkirk. Both were impressive in certain ways, but I didn't leave the theater for either film thinking, "I liked that." I ultimately love his knack for spectacle & great casts, but my tastes seem to have grown away from his storytelling style. Haven't revisited Inception in years, but barring maybe that film, I think my weird favorite of his right now is The Dark Knight Rises. Just really like being able to get his style paired w/ such a shamelessly old school comic-book-y story, time bomb & all.

This one feels super promising to me, though. I love the idea of a Nolan international action thriller starring John David Washington & Robert Pattinson. Even though I like Hans Zimmer more than Ludwig Göransson, I'm also into Nolan mixing things up this time. Could end up being pretty dope.

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I love interstellar. It’s held up for me way more than inception. Dunkirk is for sure his best though. I don’t find myself thinking of The Dark Knight that often anymore outside of the opening scene and Ledger’s performance.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It's still wild to me that Inception doesn't have a villain except for maybe memory

coleslawed and Anthony_ like this.
  16. phaynes12

dunkirk and prestige are for sure my favorites of his.

17. phaynes12

leo is the villain

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t care for Inception. Good movie, but a lot of it drags imo.

Also BB is a better film than TDK. Way less fat, and Raz/Scarecrow make for an interesting rogue lineup.

19. Anthony_

I guess like technically Ken Watanabe is the “antagonist” but he’s definitely not the “villain”.

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I missed the first trailer for my Hobbs and Shaw showing. I'm guessing it was this one. Oh well.

21. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

damn I must be all alone with my Inherent Vice love, maybe it's because I enjoyed the novel so much. think in time it'll come to be ranked with his other stuff but the illusory nature of the film seems to be off-putting to many

Anthony_ likes this.
  22. I love IV!

Dog with a Blog and jbaseball44 like this.
  23. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Wonder if the palindrome title has any significance

24. Dog with a Blog

I think I like TDK more but one thing BB does much better is make Gotham a character in and of itself. It’s seedy and terrifying. In TDK it just sorta feels like Chicago or whatever. Gotham didn’t feel as alive.

Also, I haven’t really read through the thread so I dunno why it’s being discussed but IV is so great. Especially if you go into it with the frame of mind that you’re basically gonna be watching fucked up stoner comedy, it’s amazing. Martin Short is god damn hilarious in that movie

coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It has to be. They’re even accentuating it in a motion poster: