Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tenet (Christopher Nolan, September 3, 2020) Movie • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Mar 20, 2019.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

absolutely miss me

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

As we head towards July, I get the sinking feeling that that might happen. It’s the beginning of June and indie theaters here are opening up, people are wearing less masks, social gatherings have gone back to the way they were.

Not saying I like it at all and still believe we’re jumping headfirst into a second wave, but I think theaters reopening in July with Tenet and classics and movies that missed the theater is a strong possibility. The big thing I could see stopping it is AMC just isn’t viable enough to reopen.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

and wb needs at least 80% of theaters to open for them to be okay with going through with this right? surely amc makes up more than a fifth of all theaters

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. soggytime

Trusted

I think the gamble they are taking here is to get the sweet spot in between the first and second wave

Your Milkshake likes this.
  5. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

No fucking chance I see this in theaters, but i’ll be glad to watch it on demand this fall.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The rumor was they were banking on California and New York which almost certainly won't be there

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I just don’t see how this moves forward, even with social distancing measures and the movie having total market domination. Imagine the hype of being the first blockbuster ready to launch when it’s actually safe to go back to theaters. Why would you want to miss that enormous payday to get a fraction of that amount now. WB would be stupid to actually go forward with this.

8. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

do u think the execs consulted scientists

GrantCloud likes this.
  9. soggytime

Trusted

10. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

lol and what was the subject line of that email

GrantCloud likes this.
  11. soggytime

Trusted

"Hey Nerds - TENET is still cool for July right?"

Cameron and Your Milkshake like this.
  12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I think you’re underestimating just how many people legitimately, unfortunately believe it’s already safe.

GrantCloud and imthesheriff like this.
  13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

i know no matter how many there are it's still nowhere near enough to match what they'd make if they waited

14. Tim

I mean, yeah, between people who refuse to go if it’s not safe (like me) & people who refuse to go if they have to wear a mask, there’ll be a definite diminished box office. But, I think it’ll still be strong... & I think studios & theaters largely want a return to something resembling normalcy.

I hope you're right... but society has given me very few reasons lately to choose optimism over cynicism, lol.

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

16. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

T H A N K

Y O U

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

granted, it's pretty much exactly the least they could do

aoftbsten likes this.
  19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Hmmm really starting to think this thing is actually coming out next month

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hey, at least ONE nolan movie coming out on the 17th!

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

oh shit, that include batman AND dune

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

truly hope this isn't the only pushback. ironically fucked up how nolan could add insult to movie theaters' injuries when he and wb are only trying to save em

23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Going to be so sad if I have to sit this one out and can’t see it in IMAX

24. Tim

I’m not sure I fully understand the logic of moving it just two weeks back? Is there a specific reason to think mid July is bad, but end of July is perfect? I dunno.

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

As far as I can tell, most theater chains have set early July for reopening. I'm guessing they just want the extra weeks to assess the situation and see if people will actually go out to a theater during a pandemic (they absolutely will) and if they can stick to their July opening.

Tim likes this.