Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ten Songs on New Blink-182 Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 23, 2019.

1. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It’s a long album. People could argue there are transition and filler moments to build up songs, but it makes it feel grand. I’d say the last Hotelier album felt the same way.

People nowadays talking about filler may have missed the 90’s, where bands worked to make singles to try and get radio play.

There is mainstream and pop music singles charts, but bands can also be “album” bands now too and survive, which is a throwback.

2. I’m triggered. :crylaugh:
    Man, those were the days. The chase to find the comp to get the song was so fulfilling. What does the 2019 version of that look like? Put a song on a tv show and don’t make it available until rsd? Labels should embrace RSD that way. Rather than reissue some old release, put 10 of your artists on a comp.

.K. likes this.
  3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Feldmann is the devil! Their setlist needs to change! No Tom no blink! California isn’t good because of feldmann! They should work with (insane producer they’d never sound good with) instead of feldmann!! They’re just a novelty act now!

Did I cover them all? they’re all bullshit anyway

44DeLonge likes this.
  4. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Really? :-| it’s been 4 years. Get over it man. Lol

5. BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  6. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

IMO 10 songs is the perfect album length if there's no interludes/intro/outro. 12 is manageable, and anything longer starts to feel like a chore to listen to.

7. ZeoVGM

Regular

This is a dumb post.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I'm ready for more blink summer jams

.K. likes this.
  9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

You have the ability to skip songs and to stop listening too. You’re ‘favourite bands’ may not be your favourites when it feels like a chore.

I wonder if Mark and Travis wish they just kept Blink 182 inactive so people would stop complaining like they’ve ruined people’s lives by working with a new band member and producer.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Hope it's better than CA (which I liked a lot, don't get me wrong)