Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tell 'Em Steve-Dave (Official Thread) Podcast • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

Nope

I Am Mick likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Are all Christmas episodes up for Patreon subscribers? Thinking about signing on for the month

3. Dog with a Blog

The bit about JJ Abrams at the end of yesterday’s SModcast killed me. I miss hearing Kev and Mosier on the reg

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

How has TESD been? I’ve been off of it the past month or two

5. The Lucky Moose

Good actually, but irregular

OhTheWater likes this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Watched the IJ movie tonight. It was fine. Q wears TESD merch throughout

7. Iain

Regular

Agreed. I appreciated they needed to have a plot to join it up. However, felt like they spent too much time on the plot. This then meant it was a slow build to each skit and took away a bit of the funniness from their usual fairly fast paced tv show.

In saying that, felt sorry for the guys though. They were just on cusp of a nationwide release before the ‘rona virus.

OhTheWater likes this.
  8. The Lucky Moose

These three crossover episodes were, uh, a little odd. Especially the last one. Walt as usual maybe takes it a little too far, but he’s definitely not entirely wrong about Kevin, if you ask me. It was a very weird episode.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

What’s happening in them? I’m a full year behind at this point

10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I like Kevin a lot but dont like him with the TESD crew idk why. I hate how he sounds out TESD like 'tezz-d' lol.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  11. The Lucky Moose

The first are Kevin telling the TESD story and the last one is Kevin arguing that he nothing he has achieved or done would have happened without him smoking weed everyday based on an argument him and Walt had about it on the phone lol

OhTheWater likes this.
  12. Iain

Regular

I have listened to parts 1 and 2. I think they are skippable episodes. The only thing I thought was of note was Walt talking about how ideally they would have ended it now Bry is married. That would have been pretty iconic to have done that. But obviously they are so tied up in Patreon it wouldn’t happen.

As harsh as it sounds, I appreciate tesd spawned from Kevin Smith, I just don’t find him that interesting. Maybe I’m missing something.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  13. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Sadly most Smods are now fully skippable episodes, I pretty much just check each to see if by some miracle Mosier is on.

Iain likes this.
  14. Iain

Regular

Couple of Randomish related TESD topic starters:

Does anyone listen to any of Sal Vulcano's new podcasts? (RIP What say you). Hey Babe with Chris Distefano is pretty funny and I think draws Sal into telling funny stories like he would in What Say You. Taste Buds novelty for me is starting to wear off a bit for me. Don't know if its got the legs to have Doughboys style stature.

I found it interesting when Q talked recently about IJ having a bad tv deal, but managed to negotiate to have the live rights. But TruTV handle all the Merch and they get a cut. I do love IJ, but I do think you need to be a hardcore fan to feel their shows are value for money imo.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  15. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Was in Hazlet, NJ for a wedding this weekend and made the trek down to the Secret Stash. Met Walt (!) and Git Em, and had Zapcic bark at me to leave my smoothie at the door.

One of the groomsmen in the wedding knew the area well and took me to the original Quick Stop. So that was cool. Also found a 4-pack of 4CD beer from R&H.

Pretty cool experience.

I Am Mick and The Lucky Moose like this.
  16. Iain

Regular

Rob Bruce has passed away.

this article below is rather tragic. Found in a storage locker he potentially was living in.

““Over a short period of time, the family learned that Bruce was possibly living in a basement storage unit that he was renting” in the facility, the statement said. A family friend checked the facility, found the body and and immediately called police, it said.“

https://www.redbankgreen.com/2022/0...4-gUpGDJeZ5hYbzHel1vQVfW9W2La1SSdTSj1dbvuFigI

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Damn, I was just randomly thinking of him the other day. An interesting dude for sure

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Jesus

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

That is really fucking sad

20. Iain

Regular

I get the impression he wasnt on great terms with the guys from stash and tesd. Ie punching Mike.

I wonder if they will cover this and Joe leaving IJ on next Tesd.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Did he have known substance abuse problems? That's what it sounds like...

22. The Lucky Moose

R.I.P. Really sad.

23. Iain

Regular

Tesd statement :”We're sad to announce the passing of our friend, Robert Bruce. He will be fondly remembered as the pop culture expert on Comic Book Men, from his tales of flea market conquests, and smacking Mike Zapcic that one time. You were truly one of a kind and will be missed.”

oldjersey and I Am Mick like this.
  24. Iain

Regular

Tribute episode in the works

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I’m on the Reddit for the first time in a while (haven’t listened to TESD regularly since pre-COVID). Ton of comments on the new ep about Mike, and they mention that there’s speculation he “fired” Walt and Git-Em. Does Walt not work at the (new) stash anymore? Do the guys not record at the new stash either?