Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tell 'Em Steve-Dave (Official Thread) Podcast • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Sep 29, 2016.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

lol same I cut out in November. Anyone who has kept up, is it worth me going back?

2. Dog with a Blog

5 and a half hours omg

3. Dog with a Blog

I thought last weeks episode was pretty good and they sorta talk about wanting to return to form

OhTheWater likes this.
  4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

What the fuck how

I'm not gona get around to it tonight but if Johnson ruins this with his shit attitude and shittier opinions I'm going to be so so sad

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I was so burnt out on BJ that I didn't even get to the Christmas Special. I also cancelled my patreon. How was it?

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Holy shit just saw it pop up on my phone, couldn't believe it. Fuck.

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Jeez he's been that bad? I've listened sparingly the past few months but not enough to catch on to Bryan ruining episodes.

8. Dog with a Blog

I have yet to listen to the Christmas pod

9. Dog with a Blog

Actual Makin Hay content starts just over an hour into it just FYI. Like 1:05

10. Iain

Regular

Looking forward to this episode.

Patreon Review:
    • I was at the $40 (+20% VAT Tax in UK) tear for the first 6 months. . A t-shirt, patch and sticker for $135+ is just too much for me and I wouldn't have worn any of it.
    • I dropped down to the $5 tier after that as i didnt really end up watching the videos either to justify the $10 a month. To be fair, the video ones i did watch were entertaining and worth it.
    • I enjoy the bonus pods though. The only one im not too fussed on is The Sunday Jeff show.

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Am I misunderstanding things or is the Stash hanging on by a thread?

12. Iain

Regular

I always assumed it was propped up by Kevin Smith tbh.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  13. The Lucky Moose

Well yeah to an extent but I bet after a while it mostly made enough money to at least break even. Walt is making it sound like that has changed.

14. Dog with a Blog

Time to fire Git ‘Em

I Am Mick likes this.
  15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I don't see Kevin ever allowing that place to shut down.

16. The Lucky Moose

I don’t know, a store can start to bleed a lot of money real fast

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

What had Walt been saying about it??

18. The Lucky Moose

Just a few comments on Making Hay 3

19. Iain

Regular

Yeah true. I think he hit the nail on the head when he talked about comics being 4 and 5 bucks a pop which is pretty expensive. The 'new breed' of younger readers won't be able to afford it, and will just read them online. I had to chuck collecting comics due to the cost of it. I am speaking with no experience, but I'm assuming the profit margin isn't that great. The only stores probably making acceptable money are the big online retailers who can go for the volume of sales (e.g. midtown etc)

20. Dog with a Blog

I’d wager that the Stash has a good amount of steam left but I’m not surprised sales are down. Like regular books, comics are available digitally so I’d imagine that that’s where a good portion of sales have gone, but I know nothing about comics so that’s just conjecture. But the Stash has the fame of Comic Book Men and Kev to keep it afloat I think. At least for a little while longer.

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Great ep so far. An hour left lol

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

most of the episode is good but god damn, when they get to the foam place all the way to the end is gold. just hearing how hard they're laughing was killing me.

Johnson still had to sneak in his shitty political opinions throughout, which was a bummer and the reason I don't think I'll ever be a regular TESD listener again but that was a great episode. Anyone listen to Making Haystory yet? I'm hoping it's solid since it seems to just be games

OhTheWater likes this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

Yes, it’s all games is Walt is totally on his bullshit. It’s great

24. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Smod this week was perfect, Mosier was on and it really felt like a throwback to what made the show great. A definite must listen.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I decided to give this another shot because I missed Walt and honestly, the past 5 episodes or so have been really good. The past two in particular felt like classic TESD