Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tell 'Em Steve-Dave (Official Thread) Podcast

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Sep 29, 2016.

1. OhTheWater Sep 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2016)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

[​IMG]

Hey Ants/Foamfaces, the boys just re-released Vinylcast 1 (Signed!!!) as well as Vinylcast 2: Q's 40th Birthday Roast!!!!!

https://tellemstevedave.merchtable.com/vinyl/signed-vinylcast-i-first-pressing-vinyl-lp#.V-3IKZMrLBI

This is also the official thread for anything TESD Related. I'd suggest starting from the beginning, but I get that 300+ episodes is daunting, plus the first few aren't readily available on a pod app.
    If you need a guide to classic episodes, might I recommend the following:

Making Hay is the absolute fan favorite. The gang goes to a flea market with a recorder and then comments on what happens.

Bry's mom wrote a kids' story, the gang reads it out loud

Three goddamn hours of the greatest gameshow of all time, One True Three

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Got the original Vinylcast signed PLUS the Special Edition VC2!!!!! Immediate downloads too

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

So, if I want to get into this podcast, should I just start with the 3 episodes above and then just go current?

4. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Pods this deep in catalog can be so hard to get into, but yeah that's probably as good a place as any to start.

I actually didn't really like the one with Bry's moms story. One of my personal favorites is #94 "Nothing Comes Between Me and my Dickies" as it includes some great tales of Bry as a pizza delivery boy. Ugh.

OhTheWater likes this.
  5. kidwithhelmet

Did you get a piece of the poker table? My buddy is bummed out that he wasn't one of the first 350.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I did, I bought mine with 6 left! Refreshed the page and they were gone. Crazy timing

7. OhTheWater Sep 30, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 6, 2016)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I mean I dove right in. The early episodes are rough in quality and the rhythm is a bit off, Q doesn't really become too big of a player until a little later in the run. It's worth starting from the beginning in order to get a good vibe of the personalities of Bry, Q and especially Walt.

8. StevenW92

Regular

Started a little over a year ago and I'm up to episode 260.

Love all 3 of them but I think it suffers a bit when one of them is away, unless of course Sunday Jeff covers for them.

Favourite moments include the Dominnos stories, Bryan send his girlfriend for subs so he can be alone with her mum, Walt being told to 'run forest' by a gang of teenage girls and the murder mystery episode.

There's some gold in every episode though.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

There was certainly a period within the last 2 years where Bry took over a bit too much and they leaned too heavily on the "PC"/"Triggered" shit. Hated when the show became a "make fun of headlines" bit. It was probably after Sandy when Walt was worrying about other things.

The past year or so has been absolutely brilliant, some of the best episodes in the entire run of the series. When Walt cares, which he has immensely in the past year, the show is firing from all cylinders.

10. lordjedediah

N00b3

I was thinking about this this morning. I think Walt can carry a show with Bry or Q but when Walt is gone the show suffers the most.

A few years ago Bry and Q did a Space Monkeys episode in LA that I highly doubt will ever make it to air, just like all of the UK Space Monkey shows. Q was wasted and wouldn't stop talking to people in the audience. Sal was doing his best to try to understand what he got himself into and Bryan was just on twitter asking people to help him. I don't really recall them ever talking about it on the show.

11. kidwithhelmet Sep 30, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 1, 2016)
    kidwithhelmet

Wow. Vinylcast II was so god damn funny. When I heard the premise was a roast of Q I wasn't too intrigued by the concept but it was honestly so great.

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

But seriously, if someone can point me in a non-torrent way to get a handful of early episodes (the first 25 are missing, but theres a bunch of random missing throughout the first 100 or so) that I would love to have.

I've just got into the podcast this summer. I've become obsessed. But I'm running out of episodes. Already bought all the Zune episodes off bandcamp (Overkill is my favorite, love the conspiracy/creepy talk. Ghost Hunt episode is fantastic)

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I know it sounds really weird but I've been *Sort of* listening backwards. A lot of the show deals with current events, so it might help get into it when you're hearing stuff that's still relevant (it doesn't take away once you get back to news from 2010, etc, since the reactions are where the funny is). I would download chunks of recent episodes, and then listen to that chunk in sequential order, if that makes sense.

There are some call backs and people they reference, and occasionally it's confusing, but nothing that'll ruin the show and it makes sense as you keep listening. It's easily my favorite podcast at the moment (even more so than Doughboys!)

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

lol Jesus that roast was brutal

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks. I think I'll do this. Maybe start with the most recent 20 or so...

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I couldnt imagine doing that tbh, but if it gets you into tesd do it!

17. kidwithhelmet

King of the Bottle Dump

Attached Files:

OhTheWater likes this.
  18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Does anyone know what happened to Marc? He didnt appear sick or anything. I met him once, such an awesome dude

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Should I just start from the beginning instead?

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Do you! I'd suggest that, but I also know how hard it is to get into a new podcast. It took me a few tries to get into TESD. The early episodes aren't necessarily "bad", just rough around the edges so you might need to power through a few. I'd say the early episodes are needed to get a decent vibe of Walt/Bry/Q's personas, plus introductions to people like Sunday Jeff or Ming and Mike

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I feel ya. I've just been hearing about TESD for ages now and have wanted to jump in. 300+ episodes is a bit daunting though. I'll start at the beginning and try to give it at least 10 episodes or so and see how it goes. Thanks.

22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I just used scdownloader.net to download the first few episodes from Soundcloud. They came out in some strange format, but I just changed the file extension to .mp3 and they all seem to work on my phone now. Maybe give that a try?!?!

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think I actually tried that but it only downloaded the first 5 seconds. I'll try again after work

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I could listen to a full podcast of just BJ and Sage. Their ads are fucking adorable.

Also love the ones with Walt and his daughter, love how she just makes fun of him

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  25. Dog with a Blog

Glad to see a thread for the ants on here! Been listening to TESD since I was 18 or 19, 24 now. It sounds ridiculous but I feel like they are my best buds haha. They've gotten me through some shit times.

There was an episode recently where they were talking about the olympics and being short or something and they made a dig at JSarge's height, does anyone remember what episode this was from? My details might be inaccurate but holy shit, I was in stitches.