Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tegan & Sara Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

Saw T&S in a small club in NYC right before Love You To Death Came Out and it was honestly one of the best live shows I've ever been to in my life.

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The Con X is suuuuuuper uneven. Some really lame songs on there. And of course some very nice ones.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I liked most of it. Not really into the City & Colour or Bleachers renditions, and Mykki Blanco’s was interesting but I’m not sure if it’s something I’ll revisit much. I think the Trashique and CHVRCHES covers are my favorites.

SpyKi likes this.
  4. George

Trusted Prestigious

Covers were very hit and miss - probably won't listen to the whole album again, but I may return to one or two.

5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Shouldn’t be surprised that City & Colour, Ryan, MUNA, and CHVRCHES are the only ones that really crushed it. Really disappointed in Bleachers. Jack recorded that shit in his sleep.

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

How could you not put Sara Bareilles on your list? My absolute favorite from the album.
    Also really enjoyed Ryan Adams, Ruth B, MUNA, City & Colour and the Grimes track.

7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The big problem is most of the artists learned nothing about dynamics from The Con, which has plenty. So many slow, moody, atmospheric interpretations with no dynamics. Even if they work on their own (as a bunch do), they are exhausting back-to-back-to-back

George and Zilla like this.
  8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Agreed. There’s several songs on here that sound like the background music for a commercial for an NBC drama. I’m sure they were well-intentioned, but missed the mark.

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

They probably didn't realize that everyone else was doing the same thing, haha.

10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That’s a good point! It’s basically taking “Creepy slowed down movie trailer music” and making it half of a cover album.

11. George

Trusted Prestigious

Shura's version of The Con is the worst offender here - offers absolutely nothing worth listening to.

Edit: Actually, Knife Going in by Mykki Blanco is fucking dire. Maybe that's worse.

12. Bane

The spiciest meme

Not surprising but damn I love Haley's version of Nineteen

Another standout for me is City and Colour's Hop a Plane

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Seeing them tonight was incredible. They are just so great live, and always are hilarious with their banter. The Con is such an important album to me, seeing all those songs was just really special.

15. seeing The Con tonight!! anyone know who is opening? can't seem to figure that out

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

I didn't go to the show, but I'm pretty sure I heard the Brooklyn show had no opener.

17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Enjoy it! I was at the Boston show yesterday and there was no opener, definitely make sure to get there on time.

18. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Was so thankful they started a few minutes later than they said they would, that merch line was insane.

Also, the show was great. Loved the new arrangements.

Ryan Garner likes this.
  19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed, they sounded fantastic and I loved their banter. Only complaint is that The Orpheum kind of sucks. I’m 6’4” and had the seat in front of me digging into my legs. They put on such a good show.

Barresi likes this.
  20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Their banter is always so great haha. I loved the whole set, they sounded incredible

Barresi and Ryan Garner like this.
  21. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Beautiful place, but it’s always a little disappointing when one my favorite artists announces they’ll be playing there.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]

Joe4th, duritzfan13 and Larry David like this.
  23. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Still mad I couldn't catch them on the LYTD tour. Do kinda wish they still went with a bigger band like the Heartthrob era though

24. Inna Selez

Regular

Cool idea with 3 different types of cover.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Hmm