Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tegan & Sara Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

Had the privilege of chatting with Tegan and Sara recently and it's probably my favorite conversation I've ever had with a group of musicians/athletes/celebrities/whatevers. Plus the new record is so incredibly good. To me, it feels like such a natural progression from Heartthrob while also encompassing all their past albums. It's the sort of record only Tegan and Sara could make—something that sonically reaches into new depths, but still is so quintessentially them. Cannot wait for everyone to get to listen to this record in the next couple days.

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Threads likes this.
  3. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

BWU didn't really grab me when I first heard but I love it now after watching the video haha.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

figureitout likes this.
  5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

"Stop Desire" has landed as my favorite track on the new one.

But the album is definitely my least favorite since they "found it" on So Jealous.

6. George

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure how many people have heard this, but in 2014 they released a song called "Don't Find Another Love" for the soundtrack of some shite looking film called Endless Love. I think it might be one of their best songs, and has steadily been rising higher in my estimation recently. If anybody missed the track, have a listen because it's lovely.

KidLightning and figureitout like this.
  7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Woah this is so good..

Preserved Moose likes this.
  10. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

That sounds amazing. I love their last 2 albums but the old stuff is just incredible.

11. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Man, I hopped on the T&S train during the "Heartthrob" era so the last two records have always garnered the most attention from me.. but wow their entire discography really is something special.

Can't stop repeating "Call It Off" lately. I listen once and need to play it like 30 more times. A perfect example of a concise, well written "to-the-point" song that doesn't need to be any longer than it is. Only about two minutes but everything is perfectly said and the message hits hard. Masterpiece. Love those kind of songs.

12. Bane

The spiciest meme

The original version of Come On from their first album is still one of my favorite songs from them for some weird reason. The vocal melody just hits it perfectly for me especially during the verses.

13. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

"Frozen" is another one of those really early songs that hits me like "Come On" hits you.

14. George

Trusted Prestigious

duritzfan13 likes this.
  15. Inna Selez

Regular

Did you guys see this video?

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Anyone here ever watch the Get Along documentary? It's up for rent On Demand.. how is it?

17. George

Trusted Prestigious

It's okay. It's three shorter documentaries, one about their recent US tour, one about their tour of India, and the final one is the live acoustic show.

They're both kind of guarded about their life, which is absolutely fair enough, but you always kind of feel they're keeping you at arms length, which isn't particularly engaging for a documentary. Especially as we now know that they weren't getting along at all at this time.

The live performance is nice, but also hardly a must watch. I watched the whole thing just the once whenever it came out, and haven't had any desire to rewatch.

18. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I love the documentary for the con. Watched that shit multiple times.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  19. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Me too. Do you (or does anyone else) remember a funny clip of Sara making fun of Tegan by jokingly singing the start of Nineteen to her? I have a strangely clear recollection of them sitting on the same sofa where they're with Chris Walla in the Con documentary but it's not on the Nineteen segment and I swear I've watched all the parts and all the forest phones etc on youtube but can't find it. Weird question but I just want to know I haven't made it up haha.

20. Inna Selez

Regular

New clip guys! I love it.

Mick likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

22. Inna Selez

Regular

vocals from "Boyfriend" was used here.

23. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Barresi likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

truelovewaits likes this.
  25. George

Trusted Prestigious

That's not new right? I've had that (or something similar) for a few years now.

Happy to upload the b-sides and demos if anybody wants them.