Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tegan and Sara- The Con 10 Year Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by MegT585, Jun 14, 2017.

1. MegT585

Trusted

In 2007 we released The Con, forever changing the course of our career and connecting us to so many of you for the first time. To honour the album's 10th anniversary, we will be celebrating with two very special projects this year. Today we are excited to announce the first project – The Con X: Tour.

This fall we will travel across North America performing special acoustic arrangements of all 14 songs from The Con in order, followed by other T&S classics. Tickets go on sale this Friday at Shows | Tegan and Sara, and a portion of proceeds from this special tour will benefit the Tegan and Sara Foundation.

Dates:
    Friday October 20th - San Diego, CA (Balboa Theatre)
    Saturday October 21st- Las Vegas, NV (Pearl Concert Theatre)
    Monday October 23rd- Los Angeles, CA (The Theatre at Ace Hotel)
    Wednesday October 25- San Francisco, CA (The Masonic)
    Thursday October 26- Portland, OR (Revolution Hall)
    Friday October 27- Seattle, WA (The Moore Theatre)
    Saturday October 28- Vancouver, BC (Queen Elizabeth Theatre)
    Monday October 30- Calgary, AB (Southern Alberta Auditorium)
    Tuesday October 31- Edmonton, AB (Northern Alberta Auditorium)
    Friday November 3- Minneapolis, MN (State Theatre)
    Sunday November 5- Detroit, MI (Masonic Temple)
    Wednesday November 8- Brooklyn, NY (Kings Theatre)
    Thursday November 9- Boston, MA (Orpheum Theatre)
    Friday November 10- Upper Darby, PA (Tower Theatre)
    Monday November 13- Atlanta, GA (The Tabernacle)
    Wednesday November 15- Austin, TX (Paramount Theatre)

More dates to be announced. Presale going on right now on ticketmaster. Code is CONX

2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Thanks for the code! grabbed row K tickets for Detroit. So excited, but bummed it's not until November.

MegT585 likes this.
  3. MegT585

Trusted

Glad I could help!!

Joe4th likes this.
  4. MegT585

Trusted

Washington DC date got added for Saturday November 11th.

5. TMS2787

Trusted

Are the shows on this tour all acoustic shows? Like will the other songs be acoustic too or full band, any one have any idea?

6. MegT585

Trusted

full band! Probably will do one or two acoustic though I am sure

7. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Wait, didn't they announce them as full acoustic shows? So after they perform The Con they're gonna do full band arrangements?

8. TMS2787

Trusted

I thought it said it was an acoustic tour? I'm confused if the whole show is acoustic or not. Either way, it'll be great but I was just wondering because when I went to the venues website for Detroit it says "The Con x: 10 Year Acousitc Tour".

9. MegT585

Trusted

My fault I guess I am confused as well. I thought it was full band but maybe it is just all acoustic?

10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

"This fall we will travel across North America performing special acoustic arrangements of all 14 songs from The Con in order"

Barresi likes this.
  11. MegT585

Trusted

My bad. Sorry guys for the confusion!

12. TMS2787

Trusted

All good! It's not serious, I was just curious. Haha.

13. Inna Selez

Regular

Last Saturday in San Diego.

14. Just got back from their first of two nights in LA. It's like they did Get Along but for all of The Con. I'd say it's full band acoustic, so like, sans bass and drums. There were four people on stage, and a lot of the arrangements were very piano-focused. They basically made their sad songs sadder. Their banter was so funny, though. It was awesome.

SteveLikesMusic, MegT585 and Joe4th like this.
  15. Joe4th

I'm so excited for this show next Sunday.

16. TMS2787

Trusted

I went to the show in Detroit last night, looking back at when this was announced and the thread was made I can’t believe it’s been almost six months now. Time just flies by. Anyways…

The show was great. They are calling it an “acoustic” tour but I feel like calling it “stripped down” might be the more appropriate title, lolol. The venue was all seated and the crowd was very quite and respectful for the most part. There wasn’t a ton of yelling and screaming or singing. Which made the show more enjoyable. I really enjoyed the way they presented the songs and the in-between song banter was great. I have seen them three previous times and last night was easily my favorite.

A really beautiful old venue but it was such a pain to stand in-line outside to get in, in-line after we where inside to get to our seats, then the merch line, then the line to get from our seats to the exit. Lol. But that has nothing to do with the overall show.

Joe4th likes this.
  17. Joe4th

It was so great last night! One of my favorite shows I've been to. Some of the people screaming in the middle of a song got annoying, especially during Call It Off, but overall it was fantastic. The lines for merch and the bathrooms were out of control and not organized, there were people standing in line that didn't know what they were in line for haha

18. TMS2787

Trusted

Yeah, I’ll agree with that. But compared to some shows the crowd was very respectful. Expect the girl who kept yelling “take it off” to Tegan, lol.

That venue is so unorangizned! It’s unreal. I went to LCD Soundsystem there on Friday, it was in the biggest room and ticketing was split between upper and lower, all of which was GA. No one was checking tickets or making people go to the proper places. The floor and lower level overflow was absurd.

Joe4th likes this.