Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tegan And Sara - Hey I'm Just Like You (September 27, 2019) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Spenny

Regular

Title track is solid, this is what I was hoping for. I'll Be Back Someday doesn't do anything for me, unfortunately, which sucks since T&S are two of my fave musicians.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

chhholly123 and Joe4th like this.
  3. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I think I'll just wait until next week to listen all together. I only listened to the title track only once, don't even remember it... but I really wore out I'll Be Back Someday. Ha. Excited to hear the album and all your reactions!

4. MegT585

Trusted

All the details coming out for the tour for this album have me really excited for the Toronto show

Spenny likes this.
  5. Spenny

Regular

Really wish I could go to this tour, but living overseas right now. I love T&S banter at shows, and that seems like it will be front and centre during these shows.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

8. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

This album is so good. I loved the previous 2 albums but this is such a nice blend of their old/new sound.

Barresi likes this.
  9. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I think the second half is better than the first (which is still good). Top 3 probably I don't owe you anything/ Keep them close and All I have to give. You go away is pretty weird in a good way too. Subscribe and rate on apple podcasts for more of my in depth reviews and scorching hot takes. Haha.

10. MegT585

Trusted

Loving this so much. It’s everything I’ve wanted from them for a while. Also- if anyone goes to this tour and happens to take any merch pics it would be very appreciated!!

11. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Loving the album so much. Now if only they will ship my preorder bundle :verysad::verysad:

12. jorbjorb

7 rings

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

13. it's so funny to me how long all the song titles are lol, it's like i'm looking at an early era FOB tracklist and I'm living for it

ok 100% on board with this opener

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  14. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Only listened through the album once, but really enjoyed it. Such a great blend of their sounds. Also have about 50 pages left of the book, which is fantastic.

That said, Apple Music notes in the album description that they considered doing a podcast before coming to the memoir/album. As great as this all is, a Tegan and Sara podcast would have been unreal.

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  15. why not all three

Barresi and Joe4th like this.
  16. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Just listened through once on the way to work. This rules. Some of the lyrics sound funny when I realize they are 39 years old, but overall I think they hold up nicely. Gonna listen again after I run through the rest of the new releases for today.

17. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I somehow feel so validated when they sing about being young at 39 when I feel old at 30. Because I can objectively realize that 39 is young and still feel like I am close to death haha.

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Glad a lot of people in here seem to be into it but it's just pretty average for me after the first listen :(

Didn't feel that instant love for this like i did for the last four records

19. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

First listen was pretty positive! I liked I'll Be Back Some Day well enough but didn't love it as much as I expected to, but think in context with the album's overall tone and feel, everything works pretty well.

20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this record is pretty awesome

i never listen to/kind of don't like this business of art so i was wary about them updating a bunch of songs they wrote when they were teenagers but... this is a really dynamic and fun record

21. AWasteOfATime Sep 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 27, 2019)
    AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i mean if you listen to the audiobook thats eseentially a podcast

also holy fuck this record RULES

22. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

hyped to hear this

23. Oh but Tegan and Sara are on Colbert tonight, too! Probably gonna watch both on YouTube tomorrow morning so I don't have to choose haha

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

holy shit at We Don't Have Fun When We're Together Anymore and You Go Away And I Don't Mind

but yeah this is cool, of course they're so cool that their 20 year old diary is full of bangers

K0ta, Orla and AWasteOfATime like this.
  25. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Hold My Breath is my favorite TS song since sainthood, chorus is beyond perfect.

Barresi and Orla like this.