Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Teenage Wrist - Earth Is a Black Hole (February 12, 2021) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Elder Lightning, Oct 28, 2020.

1. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

The title track is just massive.

Gianni28 likes this.
  2. flask

Trusted Supporter

The set list was very good. Great mix of the new album and some classics.

latortuga likes this.
  3. latortuga and Gianni28 like this.
  4. Gianni

Trusted

They sound massive and awesome as a 4 piece. Will definitely be going to see them live whenever they tour.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Finally watched and goddamn this band is so good. I wasn’t into them at all any of the times I saw them but I can’t wait to see them again lol

latortuga likes this.
  6. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Still listening to this multiple times a week. This might be my AOTY.

fredwordsmith, latortuga and Gianni28 like this.
  7. latortuga

Regular

The live recording had me yelling "fuck yes!" They are so tight live!

Gianni28 likes this.
  8. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

I hope this album gets another big push of some kind over the next few months, it deserves to make way more of a splash than it has seemed to so far.

latortuga and Gianni28 like this.
  9. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

If they could perform live, I think it would help them immensely. Not sure how much Epitaph pushes radio airplay. Between this record and Architects, they are sitting on two massive hit records I never hear on our fairly indie rock station.

Gianni28 likes this.
  10. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Also, I am STILL not over them not playing Stella during the live show. I hope that means it’s not a studio only track. It deserves to close out their main set pre-encore.

11. Gianni

Trusted

Seriously agreed. I know it’s lame/cliché to speculate on what could or SHOULD be “big”, but these are the kind of records that continue to make alternative/rock music life affirming, and as many people as possible need to hear them.

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The band has a great team behind them when it came to shows pre-Covid. They were getting a plenty of opening slots on some bigger shows. How that will transition to some radio traction reminds to be seen, and I’m not too optimistic about it.

13. cherrywaves

Trusted

Kam absolutely doesn't miss

14. RedDotRecording

Record Engineer/Producer. Musician. Coffee Punk.

Just wanted to drop in here really quick and say how awesome this record is:

It's very awesome.

latortuga, fredwordsmith and Gianni28 like this.
  15. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I hope their tour is going well. They’re a good live band; the recording of this record they released live sounds terrific, even if they didn’t play Stella which is just a no brainer pre-encore closer.

latortuga likes this.
  16. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

New Heavenward EP incoming:

mattylikesfilms and latortuga like this.
  17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hell yes

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

new Heavenward EP is really good. Admittedly this album fell off for me a bit, so the new EP is scratching the itch for what I was hoping for from a follow up to chrome neon Jesus

mattylikesfilms and Michael Belt like this.
  19. Gianni

Trusted

Is it out soon? I just see a new single called Wish

20. azzy01

Regular

Ep is out next Friday, but 2 out of the 3 tracks from it have been released already - wish and cartwheels. Both of which are spectacular.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  21. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

yeah, EP drops next week, but those who ordered the vinyl had copies ship out early. Supernova is a badass opener.

cherrywaves likes this.
  22. mattylikesfilms Feb 10, 2022
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2022)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Heavenward is what I had hoped the follow up to the brilliant Chrome Neon Jesus would have sounded like.

Black Hole has some solid tunes but it all pales in comparison to CNJ for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mattav152 and Michael Belt like this.
  23. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Been seeing them since the CNJ record release show and last night was the best yet. They’ve really nailed the live sound with this lineup iteration. New song “Sunshine” was cool

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Dying to see these songs live hope they come to cle soon

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hoping they release Sunshine soon on streaming.

I’ll always be a CNJ stan but I’m always down to hear new jams from them too.