Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Teenage Wrist - Earth Is a Black Hole (February 12, 2021) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Elder Lightning, Oct 28, 2020.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah that's probably their second best record next to CMIK.

2. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Is that an At the Drive-In reference in Yellowbelly?

fredwordsmith likes this.
  3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I was wondering that too. not sure if its just some saying I'm not aware of or if its an invalid litter reference

4. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Put this album on yesterday without ever listening to any of their past work and I dig it. May have to check out the back catalogue.

5. Leftandleaving

it's not really anything like this haha. much more straight up shoegaze/grunge

LessThanTrevor likes this.
  6. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

That’s what I was told by a buddy of mine, but I’m still interested. If it’s not appealing to me I’ll just stick with this album.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  7. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Just ordered the red! Bless you for the alert.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  8. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

The title track would be a huge hit in 2003. That chorus is just ridiculous.

9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This is a fabulous record, really good hooks and energy. Yellowbelly is a great song too, it would be all over rock radio in the early 00’s.

beachdude, Gianni28 and Micah511 like this.
  10. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

This album is great, but the High Again through Earth Is A Black Hole stretch really sticks out to me

Micah511 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  11. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I think High Again could be a modest hit on some kind of rock radio.

I think I've listened to this 3 times now, and I now have that strong itch to want to listen again when I'm not listening. Damn its real good.

beachdude and bachna84 like this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I really really like this, but it does verge just a little too close to 2000s alt rock for me to absolutely love it, but I am suggesting it to all my friends who still love that genre to try to get them to listen to something that came out this decade. I do get these choruses stuck in my head ALLLLL the time though, usually Silverspoon or the title track.

bachna84 likes this.
  13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I guess I’m confused why sounding like an 90’s Alt rock band is a BAD thing? There are some great bands from that era that I still listen to today.

14. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

It is okay to like things

15. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

That genre is fine, I just don't usually listen to new bands that play that style. It's a nostalgia genre for me for the most part.

16. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Damn they really went and buttoned this album up with a perfect closer didn't they?

17. Gianni

Trusted

One week later - yep, this album is a blast.

18. Gianni

Trusted

Maybe not the place to post it - but Kamtin’s project The Chain Gang of 1974 has a new song from apparently an upcoming b-sides record out now. It’s pretty damn good.

Steven Shea likes this.
  19. Gianni

Trusted

Another thing I’m sure that has been said but Kamtin and Marshall have such similar voices that a casual listener would certainly not realize that Kamtin isn’t in the band anymore.

I think they’re doing just fine without him. They’re all great artists, kudos to all of them for continuing to make great art seperately.

beachdude and Leftandleaving like this.
  20. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

The title track is seriously too good

21. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I don’t really care for the lyrics but otherwise I absolutely fucking love this album. Great moody nighttime music.

Steven Shea likes this.
  22. Leftandleaving

I definitely wouldn’t call this a moody nighttime album haha. Driving music for sure imo

Elder Lightning and Nate_Johnson like this.
  23. flask

Trusted Supporter

Driving at nighttime

Leftandleaving and Nate_Johnson like this.
  24. Steven Shea

That was my take away. The lyrics upon examination are a mood killer but the overall tone is excellent.

25. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

This is making my top 10 for sure. Can't stop listening.

Joshua and Nate_Johnson like this.