Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Teenage Wrist - Earth Is a Black Hole (February 12, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Elder Lightning, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

New album out on Epitaph in February 2021. I don't see anything up on Epitaph's site yet, but it's listed on Apple Music, along with the title track and the previously released "Silverspoon":

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  2. Elder Lightning

Love the chorus on this new song. It's very "punk" and the melody strangely reminds me of Anti-Flag or something along those lines.

The drumming on this is fantastic too.

3. ItsJoe

Joe

That song 'Silverspoon' is so goddamn catchy!

4. did this band have a problematic member? I need a recap please.

5. Elder Lightning Oct 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2020)
    Elder Lightning

They did and kicked him out after the allegations surfaced. I think he had only been with them a short time (per Wikipedia, he joined in 2018, after their last album was released, and was fired earlier this year right after the allegations surfaced). I think the only music of theirs he was involved with was the Counting Flies EP from last year.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like he was involved at least in part with the new album. Their Bandcamp credits him with "additional guitars" on the album, and he has a writing credit on "Silverspoon", but he is not listed as part of the band. I'm not certain, but I am guessing those things were completed before the allegations and his removal:

Teenage Wrist is Marshall Gallagher and Anthony Salazar.
    Produced and Mixed by Colin “Doc” Brittain
    Engineered by Kevin McCombs
    Mastered by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound

Artwork by Colin Crane
    Layout by Jason Link
    Photo by Lindsey Nico Mann

Additional Vocals by Jacob Wick, Maron Ryan, Erica Silva
    Additional Guitars by Chase Barham
    Track 3 co-produced by Simon Oscroft
    Additional production on tracks 1, 7, 10 by Marshall Gallagher
    Additional production on track 10 by Danny Murcia
    Additional production on tracks 5, 7, 9 by Jonathan Gering

Michael Belt and Drew Beringer like this.
  6. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Insta announcement from the band, preorders are up on Epitaph

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

What a coincidence - I was listening to TW this morning for the first time in a long time and was wondering about the new record. I found the new album in Apple Music and came here to share it but y’all already know lol

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Song is pretty good but this sounds like a new band. Definitely got some Jimmy vibes as well.

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ayyyy Jon from TDWP worked on this - nice!

johnnyferris likes this.
  10. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

This is 100% a Jimmy Eat World song but it bops. Kinda had a feeling they'd sound fairly different without Kam (and wish he was still around) but I dig the change for them.

11. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

yeah, i remember shortly after Chase was kicked out and probably around the time Sliverspoon was released, Marshall said something about trying to finish the album, so he likely doesn't play on every single track, but he's definitely on a few.

also love that they thanked Kam in the thank yous.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The vinyl variant “cherry bomb” looks sick. Very tempting :eyes:

13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

very confused by that new song. Doesn't sound like them at all, and sounds extremely different from Silverspoon

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Pulled the trigger on the cherry bomb variant. Looks really cool and I’m liking the new tracks.

15. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

The new single SLAPS. I agree with the JEW vibes, almost like something from Invented. Whatever it is, I want more of it. That chorus is gonna slay live.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Man, this new single is legitimately stuck in my head. At first, I was taken aback by the sound but this still has 90’s vibes. It sounds like early Bush with some Jimmy Eat World.

17. cherrywaves Oct 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2020)
    cherrywaves

Trusted

Love this band but idk if I’m feeling the new track. Love “Silverspoon” though

EDIT: ok I lied it’s growing on me

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

Kam has another project called Heavenward which sounds like....Teenage Wrist.

19. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Total pivot to a JEW sound on the single, which I like. Silverspoon is definitely the preferred sound between the two though if I had to choose.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah this was posted in the regular TW thread. Love this track a lot and Marshall also recorded guitars/co-produced it. Definitely a continuation of the Chrome Neon Jesus sound.

21. tvck

Trusted

Damn both of these singles are great.

22. dandownunder

New single reminds me of Futures era Jimmy Eat World.
    I love it.

mattav152 and RedDotRecording like this.
  23. Not loving how dry and up front the vocals are in this newer track. Decently catchy though and definitely interested in them exploring some different influences than they have in the past

24. cherrywaves

Trusted

Honestly I want them to stick closer to the shoegaze influence but I love the new track now

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted