Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Teenage Wrist - Chrome Neon Jesus (March 9, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Onlyadirector, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Good ep. First track is the best one imo.

mattav152 likes this.
  2. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

New songs sound pretty good. They stepped up the choruses a lot above Chrome Neon Jesus.

3. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

CNJ didn't click with me as much as their EP output; these tracks make me excited for a followup LP. Much more focused and pure effort; and vocals seem to be tighter too.

4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

The versions on Part time punks ep are the same as CNJ?

5. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I thought this was his project so its really weird to me that they're keeping this band going without him

6. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

huh, interesting.

7. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Yeah not really sure where they go from here but glad to see new music is in the works. I love CNJ, though I thought he was the front man/main creative force in the band so it'll be weird not hearing his voice/influence on future stuff.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  8. cherrywaves

Trusted

Damn that’s a huge bummer. However it took me a long time to realize that there wasn’t just one vocalist so idk?

9. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I had no idea the guitar player sang either until seeing them live. A bummer though because I thought what they had worked quite well.

10. latortuga

Regular

The guitar player appears to sing most of Mary when they play it live so maybe this has been some time coming.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That’s an insane bummer. I love Kamtin’s vocals so much with this type of music and I LOVED Chrome Neon Jesus...

I’ll check out the new music but I’m not anticipating it as much anymore to be honest.

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

At least I got to see them about 6 or 7 times in a pretty short span of time

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I only got to see them when they opened with Citizen but it was a great set. Vocals aside, Kamtin has a great stage presence.

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Also, something tells me this wasn’t all that mutual of a decision lol

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

I think they’ll be fine

16. cherrywaves

Trusted

I would bet more than anything that it was a matter of wanting to prioritize Chain Gang. Seems like he’s gearing up for a new record next year

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

100%

18. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

19. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

New song tomorrow!

mattav152 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Long time coming but I'm stoked!

21. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

as excited as i am for this, i'm curious how they're approaching this with just 2 members now, as one of them was kicked out for sexual misconduct allegations. that being said, they still follow him on social media and the original post stating he was kicked out has been deleted. just an interesting situation.

22. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Hoping for more Chrome Neon Jesus than Counting Flies, but I'll take what I can get from them. Interested in seeing how they sound without Kam.

23. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

speaking of Kam (for those interested) he's starting another project similar to Wrist called Heavenward, and the first single drops this month, i believe.

mattylikesfilms and swboyd like this.
  24. latortuga

Regular

New single has that CNJ guitar tone. Honestly sounds like it could fit right in on that record.

25. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I really like this.

mattav152 and mattylikesfilms like this.