Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Teen Suicide - It's the Big Joyus Celebration, Let's Stir the Honeypot (April 1, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TheBaroness, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Collins Apr 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2016)
    Collins

Trusted

I've given this album some more listens and I really love it. Wasn't into anything they've done previously but this one is next level. The first 6 tracks are so good. My favorite keeps changing but I'm stuck on What You Want right now.

2. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

I gave this a listen and thought it had some really good and interesting moments, but I didn't really feel the whole thing altogether. Some of it left me wanting a bit more, or at least less compression/flattening. It's a bit off kilter at times, which is cool but also felt like they were just getting ahead of themselves and not letting certain things develop. I do commend them on putting together an album that seems like it sounds exactly how they want it to, that's a refreshing idea really.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

haven't came back to it in a week

4. Surprised this hasn't been talked about moreā€”it's brilliant imo

5. Collins

Trusted

One of my favorites of the year

6. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

This is the first album I've been okay with not having "stand out" tracks, and by that I mean things I'll just listen to by themselves. It's almost like something I can just put on the background and enjoy as a whole album. It's really cool sounding and has some awesome moments, but I have a tough time picking out specific songs I like.

phillyfradet likes this.
  7. Violets, VIP, Living Proof, Falling Out Of Love With Me, and Stomach of the Earth are the standouts to me, but this whole album is so good / consistent.

OotyPa and phillyfradet like this.
  8. Kuri44

Hey guys, unfortunately I won't be able to attend the Say Anything/Modern Baseball/Teen Suicide show in Austin tomorrow (May 28th). Since that was going to start the celebration of my birthday, May 29th, I've decided that in keeping the good spirits going for my birthday, I'll give one of y'all two tickets as a gift. Let me know if interested and I can email them to you.

9. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I have never listened to any of this guy's stuff, nor do I know the specifics of why he garnered the online reputation he had (I only know that he had one), but goddamn, this is a great piece. I'm inspired to listen to something he's made before now. What would you recommend?

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

julia brown - to be close to you
    teen suicide - i will be my own hell because there is a devil in my body

Cody Nelson likes this.
  11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I avoided listening to a lot of the music lol listen to Ryan's suggestion
    Library is his best song, I like the hi-fi EP version most though

12. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

An Abundance of Strawberries is underrated.

OotyPa likes this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I still need to hear this

14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This is suuuuuuuch a Fall record. Came back to this after months of not listening and it was really fantastic in the cool air as the sun was setting

15. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Forgot how incredible this album is