Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ted Lasso (Apple TV) TV Show • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by trevorshmevor, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

My non-spoilery S2 thoughts:

- It’s a very good season of the show overall.

- The first episode might have some people nervous because it has the broades joke of the season that I think some people will find insensitive (It happens right at the beginning so you’ll know it when it happens).

- The first half of the season leans very cutesy, while the second half (my preferred half) gets a little serious goes closer to what I loved about S1 (Ted’s anxiety and him being more than just a golden retriever of a human).

- It’s a little scattershot in tone and focus because it tries (and mostly succeeds) at trying to flesh out most of the characters on the team.

- The psychiatrist is a nice addition to the cast and is a great straight person to the insanity of AFC Richmond.

- There’s a character turn that bugged me throughout the season that doesn’t get as drilled down as I had hoped.

- Critics got workprints of the shows, with the second half of the season just showing green screens and empty stadiums when they’re playing. It’s wild to see them change from several different fields they shot at in a matter of seconds.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

TOMORROW

3. Indigo

Trusted

I simultaneously can’t believe we’ve waited so long, and I can’t believe it’s already happening tomorrow!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

god I wanna start the season so bad but I hate coming back to a show for new episodes every week, especially when the episodes are only 30 minutes. I have enough movies and shows I still need to watch anyhow while I wait.

riotspray, RyanPm40 and irthesteve like this.
  5. phaynes12

week to week is much better for a show like this to build momentum than streaming. it wouldn’t be the phenomenon it is if the conversation only lasted one weekend like what happens for almost every streaming show.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

First episode was great. Glad to have this back

7. Here I was thinking the entire season dropped and was planning to binge it on Sunday and cook a British meal

Now I can do that every Friday I guess

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'll give it a go weekly but watching the first season all at once was so good.

9. The day I binged Season 1 was the last time I felt joy and optimism

10. PauLo

43% Burnt

Finished season 1 tonight. Absolutely loved it. One of the most enjoyable show I’ve watched in a very long time.

Also it probably makes me well up more than most because they show so much of Selhurst Park. I haven’t been to a Palace game in over two years (although tbf that’s true of most people for the past 18 months) and every time they show shots from it, I get sad haha. Especially that first scene at the stadium. I’ve walked through that walkway hundreds of times and I miss it like crazy.

Although it is very unrealistic at times. Palace are involved in two games, won both and scored 10 goals?? That’s the most un-Palace thing ever haha

Orla likes this.
  11. PauLo

43% Burnt

Orla likes this.
  12. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

FOOTBALL IS DEATH

13. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Man I really thought I was getting the whole season. Lol. First episode was ok.

14. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Shocker: this made me very happy.

BornToRun and blast0rama like this.
  15. Well that was a half hour that I felt unfathomably good. So happy to have this show back

Lmao @ Sam asking if it’s okay to take baths at home

coleslawed, blast0rama, Orla and 3 others like this.
  16. Also random observation but did anyone notice that the number of pounds Roy owes Phoebe for cursing is the same number Nathan tells Sharon the team record is? Both are 1,236

coleslawed, blast0rama and Orla like this.
  17. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I did not notice that and I think it’s funny

18. In worried for Nathan

19. phaynes12

rewatching s1 and absolutely love the delivery of “better than good, it’s hot” at the indian restaurant

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

guess who let their apple tv subscription auto-renew and gets to watch the new season

21. flask

Trusted Supporter

Shout out 6 free months with PS5.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. flask

Trusted Supporter

Nooooo Danny Rojas

disambigujason likes this.
  23. Perfect reintroduction to the characters - Nate bb wyd

24. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Roy Kent is such a great character.

25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Thank goodness. The WB merch is ass.

DerekIsAGooner and coleslawed like this.