Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Technology Chat Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by aranea, Mar 12, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

LastPass got hacked last year so I'm not going back to it heh

Brenden likes this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Can anyone help me? I'm having trouble staying signed in to some websites on Chrome on my Mac. I've cleared my cache, restarted, etc. and the problem persists. I just reinstalled my browser a few days ago, could that be it?

3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Check your cookie settings maybe? Enable or disable cookies - Accounts Help

also of course make sure you have "remember me / stay signed in" checked to those sites but i'm sure you know that :D

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

5. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone here have experience using shared documents with Dropbox? My wife had someone on her project delete some stuff that shouldn't have been and is trying to restore the old version.

6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Unfortunately the document is still there. It's text that was written over. I know you can go back in google drive and find the save version as they've progressed

8. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

9. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks man. Meant to say that awhile back? Curious what you used to do this? Exactly what I was looking for.

10. The highlight? No. It's been around. Fun feature.

And no worries, I've had to use it multiple times on things I've messed up. Haha.

11. noxee

Regular Prestigious

No worries.

I just used photoshop. You can either use the wand tool to do "best guess" selection or draw a circle marquee around the image, inverse the selection and then hit delete.

If you don't have access to photoshop you can do the same in gimp. I just find gimp extremely cumbersome but I'd imagine that's just from being used to photoshop.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. jorbjorb

7 rings

I now just put my passwords in a IOS note that's locked.

Anyone have a good news reader for IOS?

13. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Apparently my Android File Transfer App just doesn't work anymore and I can't get any music from my Itunes onto my Droid. Help?

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I couldn't find a thread for Blu-ray players but I've been having a problem with mine. I have a Panasonic BD-60 player I've had for about 7 years. I use it mostly for DVDs without a problem but I recently bought a bunch of movies on BD from various sellers on ebay. None of them are compatible when I put them in but then I noticed that old Blu rays I bought years ago that previously worked fine are not working either. I did a firmware update but still nothing. Any idea how to fix this?

15. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Does anyone know if Overcast has smart speed on the web app? I feel like I've never seen.

16. I love Feedly, I use the iOS app on my phone and then the web version on my computer. Love that it syncs between the two.

jorbjorb likes this.
  17. jorbjorb

7 rings

I've started to use it too. liking it so far.

18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

It doesn't. I think Marco explained somewhere that he'd have to rebuild it completely for the web app or something.

19. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Has anyone here used IDrive for online cloud storage? Was thinking about upgrading to Dropbox Pro, and then started seeing a lot of good stuff with IDrive. Wanted to see if anyone had any first hand experience with it.

20. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Anyone know how good Apple's airport express or time capsule is for fiber internet? I've got google fiber and their standard modem/router is okay, but I don't think it's 802.11ac and I'm only pulling around 250-300mb on my mbp. I didn't know if an AC router would bump that up a bit or if it'd make too much of a difference. I'd like the time capsule for time machine ease of use.

21. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Where can I find good public domain stock photos? I know of pexels, pixabay, and picjumbo.

22. DarkHotline and lightning13 like this.
  23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

If anyone has some time and is looking for a cool place to save music in one place (like a read-it-later service, but for music) it would be greatly appreciated if you check out cumulus.fm | beta | collect and organize your music discoveries. You can save music from Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Vimeo, Youtube, and more with the Safari or Chrome extensions.

And if anyone has any questions or feedback, feel free to shoot me an email at deanna.chapman@cumulus.fm. I've been working with the company for a bit to run a weekly round up of music on their blog and beta test the features. Now my goal is to get some new users and feedback on the new layout!

24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious