Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Technology Chat Thread • Page 34

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by aranea, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Freud

Immortals with no morals, and no hang ups Prestigious

Well I'm coming from a Pixel 4a and was gaming on it pretty heavily so the battery was draining pretty quick so compared to that, the 7 battery is much better. To be honest I really can't compare to anything else but personally I haven't encountered any issues with it. And of course the 7 pro has a bigger battery so I'd assume it's better than the regular 7. Honestly if you're gonna wait for later in the year to maybe get the iphone I would suggest paying attention to leaks surrounding the pixel 7a and pixel 8 line as those may interest you too.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Freud Jan 18, 2023
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2023)
    Freud

https://9to5google.com/2023/01/18/google-podcasts-search-results-2/

Super bummed. I like to keep my Google apps for the the pure experience and really liked the minimalist aesthetic the app had. Bummer they're most likely to integrate it into YouTube like they did Google Play Music. Guess I'll redownload Pocket Casts unless anyone else has any suggestions.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. RyanPm40 Feb 11, 2023
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2023)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Got the pixel 7 and already missing some features from my S21. Gonna give it a week or two, and will swap to the S23 if I don't like this, nbd. It's really annoying that autofilling passwords into apps is just completely broken and nonfunctional on this thing.

Some things I miss:
    - Copy/pasting from my tablet to my phone and vice versa
    - Samsung pass
    - Secure folder
    - Easy pairing to my Galaxy Watch 4
    - Better speakers
    - Better finger print reader
    - Better display and higher refresh rate

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  4. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

I bought a OnePlus One in 2015, haven't bought or used another one of their devices since

just got an email from them saying "hey you can trade in your old device and use credit towards a new OnePlus 11!"

so they must be struggling to sell these things

5. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

That's sad, Marques was quite taken with the newest one!

6. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

I haven't used any android phone in like, 7ish years but kinda feels like OnePlus has become less-special right?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

Yeah all their talent went to Nothing and it’s just a basic flagship now.

8. RyanPm40

Fixed auto filling on my phone by clearing cache and storage on G Board, phewww. I feel like copying my data from my S21 fucked up some apps and I should have just installed them manually from the play store

9. RyanPm40

Can someone explain to me why anker cables are considered some of the best around and yet they always break in less than a year? I'm constantly getting notifications on my phones to use a faster charger or the charger that came with my device

10. Elder Lightning Feb 22, 2023
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2023)
    Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Talking to my mom this morning -

Mom: I'm trying to find out if my computer is ok. When I opened it this morning it said it was hacked so I called the number and was working on getting it back. I got an email saying I'd get a link to sign into my account in 6 hours, but I'm concerned because I'm using my computer now.

Me: Oh, mom, no. What number did you call and please tell me you didn't give them any personal or financial information.

Mom: No, I don't think so. I called the Microsoft tech support number that popped up when I opened my computer and it said I was hacked.

Me: Wait, don't you have a Chromebook? That wouldn't have anything to do with Microsoft . . .

11. Freud

12. RyanPm40

Okay the Pixel 7 has definitely grown on me. Pretty cool unique features, it's buttery smooth, and I freaking love the design of it in the lemongrass color. Managed to get a Spigen clear case and it's purdy.

https://a.co/d/i1u9tzm

kfkg and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  13. kfkg

prettiest person in k-mart

I'd like to upgrade to the Pixel 7. Still on the 6 and was kinda bummed out with it. My 4a survived everything without cracking the screen--even being ran over by a car. The glass on the back of the 6 shattered within a month.

14. Edge is such a terrible fucking browser.

15. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Isn’t the backend the same as Chrome now? I’ve been using it at work for about a year and haven’t had issues.

mescalineeyes and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

989A568E-E1A5-48B7-9D69-6798AE83FCB3.jpeg

RyanPm40 and theagentcoma like this.
  17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Looking at getting a standing desk soon. I think I want a 55" electric one. Anyone have any good/bad experiences? The prices of the ones on amazon look tempting ($300ish as opposed to $500ish for "name brands") but I'm worried it might be a "you get what you pay for" scenario.

Also, @Jason Tate would it be appropriate to have a desk thread? Similar to r/battlestations?

18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

lol I got a standing desk several months ago. I read a bunch of reviews on Amazon and looked at a lot of different models before settling on one. There were a handful of one star reviews saying that when they assembled theirs, the left leg didn't raise with the right one, so they essentially ended up with a useless lopsided desk. I thought, 'nah that probably won't happen to me.'

Spent a whole evening assembling it when it came and what do you know, left leg doesn't raise. Apparently they will ask you to send it back but the box was already damaged and it took me all night to build it so I just cut my losses and stuck with it. Thankfully, my company paid for it - otherwise I probably would have returned it.

19. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

I bought one of these a couple of years ago and it's been super dependable for me. I'm not the biggest fan of the seam right in the middle of the desktop, but I use a desk mat and that's solved my issues with that for the most part.

tyler2tall likes this.
  20. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I have the 48x30 Flexispot which doesn’t have the seam. No complaints.

I did have the motor stop working once, but there’s a button combo to reset it and that fixed the issue. It took me a while to find the button combo online, and ended up finding it in the Amazon Q&A.

hermanthehermit likes this.
  22. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Anyone ever transfer one Google account to another? I still use my school email/account and apparently they decided to cap it at 10 GB, which is nothing. I'm thinking it's finally time to make an adult gmail account but the transfer process scares me. Anyone done this before?

23. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I set up a Pi-hole over the weekend. We’ll see how this goes! The initial setup was easier than expected, but I had a somewhat worse time getting it running as the DHCP server.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Eat shit Elon

25. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

sounds like things are going to plan for Elon tbh. he wants the conservative outlets on the for you page and they're going to pay for it. the bigger hump for him is to destigmatize the verified accounts which is why he's giving the ability to hide the badge. I don't think that alone will do much, but I also don't think news sources that go against his views not paying for his service are going to bother him too much

better move all together is to just leave the platform