Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Technology Chat Thread • Page 28

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by aranea, Mar 12, 2016.

1. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Haha weil if you’re looking for longevity and customer support that’s Apple’s forté. I’ll say this I haven’t had an android phone since my brief stint with the Nexus 4 but I am also a very light user.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Does anyone here use a universal remote that they’d recommend? I want to get one for my parents for the holidays because they always complain about the amount of remotes they have to use.

3. mescalineeyes

The Best Universal Remote Control

does this help at all? :) They're recommending the Harmony Companion, and I have honestly never heard of anyone having anything else but a Harmony.

4. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I actually got myself a harmony to test it out since I also have multiple remotes and I like it enough that I think I’ll get them one too.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  5. Carmen SD

Trusted

Maybe someone can help?

i got an email from google (critical security alert) on my yahoo account saying someone knows my password and they took steps to protect my account. I changed my password and added my phone number as recovery. Has anyone had this happen before?

considering what’s been happening to me for the past few months, I was frightened this was somehow related. I’ve created a new email not long ago and working on transferring everything over. Mainly the important stuff in case my account gets hacked or something.

6. NickyDiamondz

Am I allowed to self promo a bit? I developed a VST plugin that enables remote collab in any daw, think google docs for music. Looking for testers if anyone is interested, just trying to polish the product and get it as slick as possible before launch in February. Bring a friend or otherwise I'm happy to jam if you got no friends (that came off kind of sad sounding..)

7. That sounds rad. So two people can collab on a song even if they’re using two different DAWs? That’s sick! Definitely interested in how that works at least!

8. Carmen SD

Trusted

Any tech savvy people know how to get around a private IP address, as in you search the ip and it comes up as “private” so you can’t geolocate it?

9. NickyDiamondz

Hey David, yeah that's exactly how it works! Here's a screenshot below. You pop it on your master as an effect, invite your friends and you're good to go. It will create a virtual studio for you to connect with and everything in the shared sequencer screen is automatically sync'd - you can use all your VSTs or instruments without problem. If you want to give it a shot you can sign up here: www.beatconnect.ca, bring a friend if you want or I'd be happy to jam with you as well

[​IMG]

10. mescalineeyes

What the fuck that’s INSANE

RyanPm40 and theagentcoma like this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Man, the S21 Ultra seems like a beautifully perfect Android phone. Sucks how huge it is though, but I'm really considering it despite originally wanting to go smaller than my S8+. Was on the fence with the iPhone 12 Pro, but this seems great

uuu likes this.
  12. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I have the S9 and I'm looking to upgrade. I don't want to give up my headphone jack tho lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. RyanPm40

Yeah, I hate that phones have gone that route. I really only use my bluetooth over-ears lately, but it'd still be nice to have the option. I'll still probably get a usb-c adapter for one because my car is aux-only

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

What kind of car? With my last car I bought a new radio for it and it was shockingly cheap and easy to do.

15. RyanPm40

Haha I've actually just been lazy, I can definitely install a bluetooth radio. I've been swapping my same aftermarket Alpine deck between every car I've owned for the past 12 years. It's just so old that it originally came with the old style iPod cable with the super wide jack. Youtube and the proper adapting kit does make it pretty easy :-p.

I also plan on selling it relatively soon and I'm not sure if I'll even need one in my next car

16. markhamil94 Feb 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 25, 2021)
    markhamil94

For example, if the WiFi connection is being used to stream a video, or to send an instant message. Are there any identifiers that exist in each outgoing/incoming data stream that the router or the client device can recognize "oh yeah, I'm receiving a video/text/photo/etc".

Was wondering with IEEE 802.11 standards or just wireless connection in general, has there ever been attempts at attaching a tag/identifier to incoming/outgoing data so that the devices know what is being sent. Which might help with issues like prioritizing data and optimizing a home network. SHAREit

17. Bluedm

*Shows off Google Knowledge Panel*

TBH I wouldn't want to upgrade if I had the S9, that thing is a beast with the best configurations.

18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Too late I just got the S21 this past weekend lol

Bluedm and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. RyanPm40

Luckyyy. I pre-ordered mine, was supposed to come a week ago, but it's stuck in TX until the 4th due to the storms

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. Carmen SD

Trusted

Not sure if this is the right thread. I’m trying to change my email on my tiktok app, but it’s not letting me. It keeps saying to log in via sms notification to ensure security, which I have but keep getting the error. Not sure how to contact them for help

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

https://support.tiktok.com/en/

22. Carmen SD

Trusted

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  23. Carmen SD

Trusted

FINALLY deleted my old email address. Not something I wanted to do but I had to transfer many accounts, but I didn’t have a choice. Anyway, I was wondering if my old address can still be used to sign up on sites. Or would it show up as invalid when trying to sign up?

24. Bluedm

*Shows off Google Knowledge Panel*

All of the data from your account should have been deleted from the server, meaning yes your old address can still be used to sign up on sites.

25. Carmen SD

Trusted

Lovely .-. Doesn’t really help my situation. I had as many sites as I could blacklist that email from being used again.