Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Technology Chat Thread • Page 23

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by aranea, Mar 12, 2016.

1. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I have neither anymore and it’s been just another day for me. Liberating.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Mahoney, RyanPm40 and mercury like this.
  3. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I was excited to try the galaxy buds but I like my jabra elite pro sports better. Galaxy buds have some cool features like it's just touch vs pushing a button but it has less options. I wish they customized more what you could do without going to the app. Also noise canceling is not as good although I think the mic is better.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I was going to upgrade to the S10, but yesterday my S8 finally got the Android Pie update and honestly... I can't see any reason to upgrade now aside from having better cameras. The new update is buttery smooth compared to Oreo and battery life seems improved. This may be my first phone where I wait the full 2 years to pay it off before an upgrade.

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Anyone else having an issue with Spotify where the albums aren’t showing?

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

David Parke likes this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Hey all, I have Aftershocks Air - Bone Conductor Headphones that I don't have a use for (got new hearing aids that have Bluetooth) so if anyone wants to buy them for $75-$100 let me know! Got them in November 2018.

Not sure if this is ok to post - feel free to give me a stern talking to

8. RyanPm40

Oppo is unveiling an in-display selfie Camera on the 26th, and here's a clip they shared weeks ago. Very cool tech.

9. Kuri44

Sister just sent me this text. Not sure if this is the right place to post, but any help/recs appreciated, thanks!

“Hola! Im looking at TVs and need help! Lol it’s between the
    Insignia fire tv edition
    Toshiba fire tv edition
    Tcl roku tv
    All 50 inches. All 4K. All smart TVs which is what I want. Do you know anything about them? ”

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

TCL, for sure. It's highly rated, up there with name brand ones as well. I'd recommend going with one of the higher series, such as 6.

There's tons of articles out there, but I'll link just one;
    TCL just made the only TV you need to buy this year

I have two 65" TVs, one is a Samsung 4k HDR, all the bells and whistles that I spent $1200 on. I also have the TCL below. Honestly, I use the TCL way more.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55...d-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6204548.p?skuId=6204548

Also, at the bottom of this you'll see the comparison of all the series

6-Series

RyanPm40 and Kuri44 like this.
  11. Kuri44

Thanks for the info!

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Best wired noise-cancelling headphones?

13. Any reason to go wired?

The Sony WH1000XM3's are fantastic.

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Guess I just don't want to bother with having to charge another device/have to pair the phone and headphones, but now that I think about it, I assume even wired ones still need batteries/a charge to enable the noise-cancelling function?

Ehhhhh, actually now thinking of these instead

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009QV15DU/?tag=absolutepunk-20

dfgsdgfdg.JPG

15. I tried those a while back and found them very uncomfortable and the sound profile not to my liking.

I prefer the Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO.

16. The wired pair of noice canceling ones I had before needed to be charged too, yeah.

17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Ahhhh, interesting; I'll do some more research

18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Any particular reason why these are so much cheaper than the Sennheiser ones?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Do y'all recommend using two factor authentication with a phone number on Facebook? I have strongly avoided giving my phone number to that company but may it would be worth it for that purpose?

21. Use something like Authy to get one time codes; phone/sms two factor is not secure.

ChaseTx likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

Those pixel buds look pretty sweet, definitely interested in reviews for that when it comes in the spring.

Reacting to Pixel 4 as I watch:

Those bezels on the Pixel 4 really are ugly, but it's better than the 3XL and honestly I'm not a fan of notch phones anyways. The motion sense looks really cool when it comes to waking the device and starting the dot projector up faster. Love that they're keeping the squeeze to launch Assistant. Assistant is looking really fast and more refined now too. That 90hz display is going to be a game changer. Liking Oh So Orange as a color, I hear the back of it is a matte finish, too, which I prefer over glossy.

The software side of the cameras is seriously incredible. That digital zoom while removing a ton of noise is mind blowing to me. The night sight photo of the stars is INSANE.

AMC and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  23. AMC

Regular

Google pixel 4 looks pretty sweet astrpphotography setting looks amazing.

sawhney[rusted]2 and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. RyanPm40

I think lack of ultrawide camera combined with price might be a deal breaker for me unfortunately, which does kind of suck because I've been ready to upgrade phones for months now and have been holding off for this

MKBHD posted an early impressions video and apparently he could only get the gestures to swipe between songs to work maybe 10% of the time which is just unacceptable to me - the whole point of the Soli radar chip is so you don't have to deal with that kind of hit or miss crap that the S4 already had years ago, just with a different kind of sensor

25. Apple the only company in the world that can do security right