Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Technology Chat Thread • Page 19

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by aranea, Mar 12, 2016.

1. lightning

2. lightning

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

They found this phone at work months later. It is not gone 4ever. But now I'm like... I have a phone but I'm still paying off the one that was just found. The phone I got to replace it is fine and I have no complaints, but it seems silly not to use the one I still owe a bunch of money on. Plus it has better emojis. But like... What would I do with this phone?? I now have two decent phones and am just seeing wasted money. I guess I could sell one? But I like both!!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It's also weird cause earlier today before they text me that they may have found my phone, I was thinking about how the photos from the Radiohead concert were on it and I hadn't set up Dropbox yet and lost them.

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The newest Snapchat update is absolutely horrible.

mercury likes this.
  6. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

it's getting a lot of shit, i haven't actually noticed the change because i don't use stories at all, all i know is snapchat is still abysmally optimized for android

storm and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I finally stopped using Snapchat months ago because of how poorly optimized it is. Tons of lag, and when I take a video, the first 2 seconds is choppy before stabilizing

8. lightning

9. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I've had a while to play around with the new Snapchat UI - it's absolutely terrible. I simply don't get the logic of the changes they made.

11. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I don’t mind it at all

12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

The old UI made no sense either, people just got used to it. This update sucks, too. They have a horrible UX team.

David Parke likes this.
  13. Anyone using Vero?

14. sean_rugy and popdisaster00 like this.
  15. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Almost every tattoo artist I follow is on Vero. Made an account but can't login to save my life.

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just looked up Vero since this is the first I'm hearing of it. Can't really see this gaining too much widespread appeal.

sean_rugy likes this.
  17. lightning

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting. I just installed a Ring doorbell a few days ago at my house.

19. So my wife sent me this re: Vero. Delete Vero? A movement has already started to ax the new social app

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t FB also own all your content? The CEO being a garbage human being almost isn’t news either but it does weigh in for me more than not being able to delete my content. That said the only “content” I had was that I was watching black panther and loved the back to the Future reference. Take THAT Vero!

sean_rugy likes this.
  20. So my 2012 MacBook Pro at work inside a dock (working via HDMI in clamshell mode) wakes up when I tape the keyboard or click the mouse. My ROG ASUS windows 10 box at home doesn’t do shit when I click the keyboard or mouse and have it in clamshell mode HDMI out to an external display. What gives? Haven’t found a great solution yet. Thinking of running an Ethernet cable to wake up via lan? Seems unnecessary

21. What mice are people loving? My workstation is a windows 10 box these days and my Magic Mouse just isn’t translating. I just bought an MX Master s2. Stokes to try it out. Has some awesome features.

22. EarthShifts

Trusted

Hoping someone here might have some recommendations for me.

I don’t really have my own computer. I just use my wife’s laptop if I need to, mostly to pay bills. I’m on computers all day at work so I try to stay away when I’m not working.

We’re considering getting a new one for us to share though, as we have some creative endeavors we’re looking to embark on. She isn’t a fan of macs, so we’re scoping out some windows based laptops. We don’t have a huge budget, but we want something that we’ll be able to handle some basic video/audio editing.

Anyone have any tips? Thanks in advance!

David Parke likes this.
  23. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I use Mac and PC but when it comes to laptops I can only ever really recommend MacBooks, they just have best laptops out there by far and a MacBook Pro would be great for video editing. If macs are a total deal breaker though I’d go with Asus, though I don’t have any specific recs I’m sure they have one tailored to what you’d need. Don’t skimp on a solid SSD especially for videos.

24. My 2012 MBPr's logic board died late 2016 mid-project. $600 repair. I opted for a new MBPr with touch bar. THAT NIGHT I walked into Costco to go grocery shopping and saw a 17" ROG ASUS Gaming laptop with VERY comparable specs for $999. Since it's Costco I bought it and bench-tested for 2 weeks (apple's return window.) I am a video editor so all I cared about was that this was a work station. I have a Mac at work and my wife's if I need to do computing and I wanna enjoy myself. That said, after 2 weeks, I returned the Mac and I LOVE my ASUS Windows 10 workstation. In the same trip when I returned the MBPr, I brought my 2012 in to do the $600 repair and I came away with TWO awesome working laptops and $1900 extra cash.

EarthShifts likes this.