Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Technology Chat Thread • Page 17

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by aranea, Mar 12, 2016.

1. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Most of the docks and recovery kits you'll find will run from the hard drive direct to USB, in which case you can run it just like an external hard drive. Just make sure you're buying for the right kind of drive so you get the correct cable.

2. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

My mouse-wheel click button has stopped working and it's driving me crazy :x I didn't realize how much I used it. The mouse is only slightly over a year old too.

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

4. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I need help. I'm in the market to buy a new laptop. I'm not going with Apple because Macbooks are overpriced for what I actually need. I just need one to use for my classroom, to run basic programs like Word and Powerpoint kind of things. Maybe some occasional downloading of torrents. I don't want to spend more than $700. I found this one with 8GB RAM and 1TB hard drive, i5 processor.

IdeaPad 510S | 14" Configurable Laptop | Lenovo | Lenovo US

Is this good bang for my buck? I just want something that's not going to freeze on my in the middle of class. My current Dell Latitude I bought for school 3 years ago is being EXTRA slow.

5. It looks pretty good from what I can see, the Asus ZenBook UX330UA is a nice little laptop too.

6. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

No clue the price range but my parents and brother seem to like the surface line. My brother has a masters in CS and works in cyber security so he I wouldn’t expect him to say that about a computer that didn’t do well.

7. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Groove Music is dead and all its competitors suck because they don't offer streaming APIs so I'm stuck using their apps instead of building my own :verysad:

8. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

the fact that you can lose music you've purchased from a company as ubiquitous as Microsoft is ridiculous to me. i suppose it's part of the terms with Spotify but that rubs me wrong

ciaran likes this.
  9. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I doubt it has anything to do with the terms with Spotify, and more they just don't want to support the infrastructure needed to still hosts the songs/let people download them. You'd think they could at least give people an easy way to dump them into their one drive though or something.

10. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Wow...

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Oh man. Can't believe it's even still around. Used to use AIM all the time.

12. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

RIP HardcorexBrenden

13. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Does anyone know of a way of trying to recover old email accounts? I have a gmail account and a yahoo account I used back in high school and trying to log in the passwords I use don't work. Which is weird because I only used a couple of the same variation of passwords until about two years ago. The problem with both is that both accounts have the other listed as its back up email.

14. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Anyone know of a way to have simultaneous audio playback on Windows through my bluetooth speakers and headphones? I could have sworn I've done it before but not seeing it as an option through Windows Sounds. Latency is not an issue for me.

15. Kiana Oct 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 16, 2017)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Sooooooo the charging port stopped working randomly. I looked at the return policy and guess when it closed.

Yesterday.

I hate everything like literally everything rn.

edit: okay it seems to be tentatively charging now but I am scared to touch it and/or breathe on it!!!

17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I love that you only post bad things about non Apple products.

christsizedshoes likes this.
  18. After watching this video the other day I started to want to learn more about Blockchain and Bitcoin.

Blockchain technology has the potential to disrupt and change the world.

19. hoodrat

Regular

I'm a huge believer - counting on it for early retirement.

ianebaldwin likes this.
  20. That's because I post Apple things in the Apple thread.

21. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

one of my best friends is the lead designer over there. I'm worried for him.

22. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

23. lightning

scott likes this.