Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

TDE: The Championship Tour 2018 (Kendrick Lamar / SZA / Schoolboy Q) Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Jan 22, 2018.

1. btr

Trusted Supporter

Nothing on ScHoolboy Q unless he wasn't on that date?

2. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

If anyone has gone, set times would be appreciated!

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

This was phenomenal. Easily one of the best shows I’ve been to.

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

Finally got a group of friends to hit this up next week. Weird, the MSG show completely sold out, with the cheapest tickets at the time being $80.....the next day they're playing Jones Beach and its selling really bad, we were able to get pretty decent seats for $30.

5. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Dope show, one of the best Kendrick performances that I've seen.

6. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

SZA had to drop a couple shows because of issues with her vocal cords, unsure when she'll be back on.

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

My show is next Wednesday, I really hope she makes it back for that.

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Did your show not have SZA? If not, do you know if they extended anyone's sets?

9. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

We got her in Houston but she was saying she was sick during her set.

Kendrick’s set hasn’t gotten extended on the dates she was off is all I know

tdlyon likes this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah if she misses my show Kendrick is the last person I want them to extend lol, really want more Soul or Rock

11. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Rock and Q most likely.

Soul was super dull and boring on stage

tdlyon likes this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I actually saw Soul on his last headlining tour after DWTW came out and thought he was a really strong live performer, I think his songs just don't lend themselves to live shows as well as the other three guys so he would probably come across as boring in comparison

13. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

And some artists just aren’t built for huge shows Whether it be stage presence or their songs.

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

SZA came back to the tour last night for the Madison Square Garden show, but then right after she made some tweets that sounded like she's dropping off for good.

My show is tonight, no official word on if she's playing. I really hope she does play, this'll be the 3rd time I've tried to see her and failed.

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Did she play? I'm going to the tour in two days

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Nope! Was very bummed about it, especially since they never addressed her not performing.

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Shit, no way she's there tomorrow then. Oh well, I like the four Black Hippy members more anyway lol

18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Going tonight, pretty bummed no SZA and possible rain.

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I went two nights ago and even though SZA wasn't there and the lack of collabs is a huge waste of potential I still absolutely loved it. I've seen Kendrick three times and this was probably the best, Q is always amazing live and Jay Rock was really good too

Could be because I had absolutely amazing seats though

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know why they don't come out to perform songs together when they're all on tour together.
    Druggys Wit Hoes, Money Trees, ILLuminate...

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

At my show Jay Rock came out for his verse on Money Trees and Kings Dead. Schoolboy Q also came out for X.
    ......which makes the fact that Kendrick didn't come out for Collard Greens seem even weirder.

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I missed this tour, so I was just basing my post off of the previous post saying that the potential for collaborations seemed missed. Cool to see that they did some, but you'd think they'd bring each other out whenever possible.

I did see the TDE tour in 2013 though and there were zero collabs which was super disappointing.

23. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

When I dreamt about the Black Hippy tour I always imagined their sets being intertwined with guest spots. Like soulo first and then a song with him and jay rock. Then Q and jay rock. Then Kendrick and Q. Then a Kendrick set finishing with them doing a couple black hippy songs.

riotspray likes this.
  24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, that's how it should be.

Kinda like the Up In Smoke tour with Snoop, Dre, Eminem, Ice Cube. I never went, but there are videos that make it seems like that's how they handled it.

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Now that SZA's gone the show ends like 25 minutes before curfew which would have been perfect for like Vice City and a few other Black Hippy songs to end it