Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Last Kiss is amazing. It makes me want to ugly cry into a bowl of ice cream tho

Also it took me so long to realize she said "That July 9th" I could never figure it out

Dear John was a song I didn't like at first but I relate to it so much now. Like too much honestly lol.

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Speak Now is interesting (for a variety of reasons obviously) because she kind of dips her toes into pop-rock a bit. And, in my opinion, was really successful with it. "Haunted" and "The Story Of Us" are both a lot of fun, with "Haunted" being a pretty solid vocal performance. "Sparks Fly" and "Ours" are two all-time favorite T. Swizzle tracks.

Kiana likes this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

"Sparks Fly" :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Tim and Meerkat like this.
  4. Kiana

The only thing I don't like about Ours is how she says "Don't worry your pretty little mind" because if someone told me not to worry my pretty little mind I'd think they were being incredibly condescending and calling me stupid haha. Like I know it's not meant to be, but that's how it always sounds to me.

5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The bridge of "Last Kiss" is the thing I would point to first when people suggest that he songwriting lacks sophistication

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

What are most of y'all's feelings on her debut? "Tim McGraw" still remains one of my all time favorites of hers.

7. Meerkat

Haha that's totally fair. For me it depends on the context. If someone randomly was like "Don't worry your pretty little mind, let the big kids handle it" I'd be pissed but if I was dating a girl and was stressed out and she said it trying to be sweet and actually implying I had a pretty mind I'd probably melt

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Love most of Speak Now, esp the title track and Mean. That's the perfect kind of pop-country for me

9. Kiana

Makes sense! I'd be weirded out I think no matter the context but I am also not romantic in the slightest so when people try to talk sweet to me I just laugh uncomfortably and make an awkward Chandler Bing-esque joke. I wonder why I'm single!!!

10. Meerkat

I'm the sappiest of hopeless romantics. Can't talk to girls, gets clumsy around people I have a crush on, says dumb shit. I wrote my high school girlfriend poems all the time.

11. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

"Mine" is a top track for me.

trevorshmevor, Meerkat and Garrett L. like this.
  12. Kiana

omg we are opposites! You sound cute tho! I had an ex write me poetry once and I threw it out without reading it oop. Sometimes my last ex would try to look me ~deep in the eyes and say something romantic and I'd just start cracking up. I'm the worst. I think if I ever got married I'd just erupt into a giggle fit during the entire ceremony.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  13. St. Nate

She really makes me believe that she is one half of a young lower income couple trying to get by.

AndrewSoup, Tim and Meerkat like this.
  14. Meerkat

Thank you thank you! Two of the things I wrote her actually got some recognition. The local newspaper published one and our school literary magazine published another. That was particularly awkward because it was obviously about her and she wasn't out at the time and the teacher thought I had said I was okay with it being submitted but I wasn't and then the whole school read it. :insert awkward turtle:
    This is one of my favorite Nate-isms

St. Nate likes this.
  15. Kiana

"You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter" is prob one of my favorite Taylor lines ever. It's so succinct and says so much in one little line, like HOW

Altho I'm always like hey Taylor sis if you wanna romanticize not being able to pay bills you're welcome to mine

Tim and Meerkat like this.
  16. Kiana

That's so cool about it being published. Not so much about the awkward part but the rest is super sweet

Meerkat likes this.
  17. St. Nate

That one line adds so much context to Taylor's character in the song. I love the song a lot while also finding the idea of Taylor struggling to pay bills amusing too.

Kiana likes this.
  18. Meerkat

@Kiana Yeah it got...messy haha. No regrets though. It was a good piece, especially for an 18 year old.

Also agree with everything everyone has said about "Mine"

19. St. Nate

I am so flattered right now.

20. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Really like "Last Kiss," "Sparks Fly," and other stuff on that album, though it and the self-titled never really get plays from me anymore. I just end up on Red, Fearless, or 1989 if my ears are craving Taylor Swift.

As for closers, "Begin Again" is my sleeper pick for fav. I just really dig the second half of the chorus lyrically.

21. Meerkat

It's right up there with "he's white and he got convicted"

AndrewSoup and St. Nate like this.
  22. Kiana

Begin Again confuses me. She says she puts her headphones on as she leaves for the date which to me implies that she is wearing headphones as she walks to the cafe, but then he walks her to her car at the end of it so that's not right. Then I thought she just put headphones on to walk from her front door to the car which is silly, but now I think it's a rich people thing and maybe she had a driver so she was in the backseat listening to headphones?? Its been a whole process for me tbh!

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Dang it, why did you do this to me.

Meerkat likes this.
  24. Meerkat

Way to go Kiana, you broke Tim

Tim likes this.
  25. St. Nate

Im an quite proud of that one.

I'm using this time before the site fully opens to say a bunch of my thoughts that I know would draw the wrong attention if somewhere else. Though I probably will still say stuff like that after.

AelNire likes this.