Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Surprise! Taylor Swift has the number one album in the country:

Lover earned 867,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending Aug. 29, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 679,000 were in album sales. Both figures are the largest registered for any album in a single week since Swift’s reputation debuted with 1.238 million units in its first week, of which 1.216 million were in album sales (in the week ending Nov. 16, 2017).

The album accounted for 27% of all U.S. album sales last week.

2. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Nearly half of Reputation, especially in album sales. That seems...bad? Obviously, you can't replicate things every year, but if she can't hold her numbers, who can?

This album is really good.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think when someone sets the bar so high for themselves it's understandable that it'd dip eventually. You can pretty much only compare her to herself and maybe Adele. When the numbers ur holding are over a million units in a week like... That's a league of your own. I mean u make a point when you ask who can hold those numbers - like nobody aside from adele can even get close to those numbers let alone hold them. I wouldn't say its bad. It's lower for her but like again she has set the bar high for herself. Most artists need a tour bundle to even hope to get close to half that number first week.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. Omni

Regular

Also she kept Reputation off of streaming services initially which no doubt helped boost the pure album sales.