Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift Testifies

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Rolling Stone:

Taylor Swift testified in a Denver court Thursday, saying that she was “completely sure” former radio host David Mueller sexually assaulted her during a 2013 press photo. Swift appeared on the stand for roughly an hour, CNN reports, after her mother Andrea Swift also testified about the alleged incident.

“It was a definite grab … A very long grab. He grabbed my ass underneath my skirt,” Swift said on the stand. She called the 2013 incident “horrifying and shocking.”

Glamour has more:

McFarland suggested Swift could’ve taken a break from her concert meet-and-greet if she was so shaken up by Mueller’s alleged assault. (Swift previously said she was distressed by the incident but carried on with her schedule because she didn’t want to upset her fans.)

Swift’s reply: “Your client could have taken a normal photo with me.”

2. Vegetables

Regular

Not taking sides in any way but why is she swearing in the courtroom? Wouldn't it be more appropriate and professional to use a word such as "buttocks" instead of "ass?"

3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

She's a lyricist. She knows what words will be most powerful and I think it illustrates how violated she felt.

Collins, fenway89, Robk and 12 others like this.
  4. What. The. Fuck.

Collins, fenway89, Robk and 18 others like this.
  5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Gotta love victim blaming. Good for t swift for standing up for herself.

Serenity Now likes this.
  6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

She has been obliterating that court room. I loved when she was asked why her skirt wasn't bunched up in the front and she was like "cause my ass is in the back of my body." Get him, sis! She seems so prepped and confident in there and it's very inspiring. She has a lot of power and I think this is the perfect way to use it. She was gonna leave the dude alone after the incident but he chose to bring it to light so whatever he gets is more than deserved. All she wanted to do was never see him again and he couldn't even give her that. Hope he can never find work ever.

7. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

You're highlighting something that's totally irrelevant to the situation as if it somehow undermined her credibility, so yeah, you're taking sides.

fenway89, Colby Searcy and FTank like this.
  8. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I
    It would have also been more appropriate for the dude to not have grabbed her, but here we are.

9. Stilicho

Newbie Supporter

Ms. Swift's testimony was her opportunity to explain to to the jury what happen, who did it, and how it made her feel. She, and every witness that gives testimony, are entitled to communicate answers to questions asked as they see fit.

10. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

"I'm not taking sides, but I'm going to put how she spoke on the stand under a microscope"

11. AshlandATeam

Trusted

It feels like this is one of those situations where if you're saying, 'not taking sides,' you've taken a side. Also, why wouldn't you want to take the side of 'people shouldn't grope women'? That's a weird caveat to want to make, it seems to me, because that's the side that all of humanity should be taking.

12. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Since I live in Denver where the trial is being held, the news stations are constantly posting stories about it. The amount of hate for Taylor Swift and the comments that she should lose, or that she deserves this, or that she's doing it for money (whatttttt), just because she's Taylor Swift...it's horrendous. It doesn't matter who she is. She doesn't deserve it. I happen to like Taylor Swift quite a bit so I'm especially disheartened by the comments.

13. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

she doesn't deserve this. and to have her family (including her sick mother) and her come into the court room just to testify to this douchebag is disgustingly horrible. she's handling this entire ordeal so well. reading her testimonies makes me stan for her a little.

and fuck that dude thinking he had a chance of settling out of court, i'm glad tswift is making her point and standing her ground.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  14. Kiana Aug 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 11, 2017)
    Kiana

Lmao those people are ridic. Taylor swift the millionaire is so money hungry she's COUNTER-suing for one whole dollar!! When will the greed end??

Even putting just the blatant misogyny aside for one second, it's ridic that stans and popstar feuds can be so intense that some people cant put it aside for one moment. When ur hate becomes so big that u can't overcome it enough to side with a sexual assault victim it's just unreal. Taylor annoys me deeply for other reasons but they have nothing to do with anything here and she's obviously 1000% in the right.... i guess its still misogyny when there's that mindset that there can only be ONE female popstar killing it

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I can't fathom that Mueller thought he could grope the world's biggest star in front of her bodyguard and just deny it, like it's awful regardless of who the victim but that level of male entitlement is wild

16. Reese's Pieces

He is also the one that sued her first! His entitlement is ridiculous.

17. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Much respect and love to T Swift. She's always been a boss. Fuck this guy.

18. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Alright snowflake are you really gonna be that semantic about a "swear" word. Holy shit

AgainstMe182 likes this.
  19. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

When you're done grading her testimony, let us know if she passes or not.

20. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

How is there more than one side to take?

21. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Because many have formed their opinion based on the photo that was released, and seeing the photo was just the same as being there in person.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol "not taking sides but" is the same as "no offense but"

you mean it

23. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I'm so proud of her for forging ahead in this and making an example of this creep. Hopefully it sends a message to men that this kind of behavior is unacceptable. More importantly, I hope young women feel empowered by her bravery to confront her assaulter. She has been absolutely killing it on the stand. I wish I saw more people talking about it.

Robk, skogsraet, Colby Searcy and 4 others like this.
  24. royalmcpoyle

Damn dude, sorry that you're getting so much shit for having an opinion. I see where you're coming from though, you would think a professional singer/songwriter, who supposedly writes her own lyrics, such as herself would have a broader vocabulary, and not use a word as crass as, "ass," especially in a professional, legal setting such as a courthouse.

25. Kiana

I'm sure she does have a "broad vocabulary" but her usage of the word is intentional. If anything i think her songwriting background indicates that she's choosing her words very deliberately here. Her team has prepped her on how to respond to everything and she probably has the best attorneys. Not to mention that taylor is very calculating, thoughtful, and intelligent. I'm trusting she knows what she's doing here.

fenway89, Robk, skogsraet and 3 others like this.