Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Taylor's Versions (Re-Recordings Official Thread) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Feb 11, 2021.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I have never heard this album (or anything pre-1989). I will be changing that when it comes out.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  2. this rocks and I truly love hearing it

3. Clockwork

Regular

Wish I could go back to listening to these albums for the first time. Speak Now was a game changer for me

Garrett likes this.
  4. I had known about Taylor Swift and had heard random songs here and there, but it wasn't until I heard "Forever & Always" that she finally clicked for me. That happened right before Speak Now was announced, so it was a blast experiencing my first Taylor album rollout. All the fan theories, clues, etc. was and is still unlike anyone else. Being a Swiftie is a lot of fun haha.

Chris1024 likes this.
  5. This song was apparently written for Fearless originally. Maybe it'll be one of the bonus tracks? I hope so! It's a jam.

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

listen to red today challenge

awakeohsleeper and bobby_runs like this.
  7. this song is SO MESSY and I'd forgotten about it until this moment

oh my god I know we were all that age once but lmao

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. Garrett

I hope she keeps releasing them out of order. 1989 should be next as the clear summer album of the bunch. Red for fall. Self titled for winter. Speak now for next spring.

Tbh I’m mostly surprised she didn’t dump all of them at once.

9. It's dorky as hell, but I kinda love it haha

10. Garrett

I’m expecting the singles to be carbon copies because #revenue, but to see her take more chances on the album cuts.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The two I am most excited for are the two I like least: self-titled and Reputation. I think stronger vocals and a little less teen-pop-meets-mid-2000s-radio-country vibe in the former could really bring it up to the level of what came after, and toning down some of the overblown production elements of the latter could bring out the songwriting depth there.

macbethfan and bradsonemanband like this.
  12. I'm probably most interested to see what she does with rep just because it's so relatively recent.

13. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Apparently she can’t record reputation until 2022, but I imagine she’s spacing these out anyway

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Permanent Marker is hilarious, would be so funny if she re-did it

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. Garrett

maybe so it goes will finally get the recognition it deserves as the best song about sex in her discography dont @ me thx

16. irthesteve

So it Goes is the only cuttable song on reputation

Neon Light and bradsonemanband like this.
  17. do you wake up and choose violence on purpose or does it just come naturally to you

18. I'd be fine never listening to Reputation again.

BoldTitan likes this.
  19. irthesteve

there's a reason she relegated the song to the end credits of the rep tour, making it the only song from the album not part of the tour

20. yes but there's also a reason she put Ed Sheeran on End Game, it doesn't mean it was a good one

Garrett likes this.
  21. irthesteve

hahaha

End Game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> So it Goes

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

I want that vinyl so badly but can't justify $50.

I'm saying no right now, but totally expect myself to crawl out of bed at like 1am and begrudgingly purchase.

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I somehow ended up not listening to reputation outside of the singles (& I wasn't even mad at the singles; I like "Look What You Made Me Do" more than most) until... the week folklore came out? Like, I experienced the whole Lover album cycle without having given the prior album even one fair shot.

Was shocked when I gave it a listen & realized it's... very good. I prefer it to Lover, Speak Now, & self-titled; in the right mood, it gives 1989 a run for its money.

It's really hard for me to imagine a redone version of that one. The performanes & production all just sound... right for what it is. Like, what can you do with "Dancing With Our Hands Tied," "Delicate," or "New Year's Day"? It's a lot like Red in that I can't imagine getting something I'd listen to more than once.

24. I said something similar to this before I bought so much merch the bank suspected fraud. godspeed.

25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

(Speaking of slacking on new music... I also haven't listened to evermore yet outside of a few songs, believe it or not, lol. I was still vibing with folklore & not ready to move on yet. Will probably wait at this point 'til new Fearless drops so I can pair the two together.)