Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Taylor's Versions (Re-Recordings Official Thread) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Feb 11, 2021.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Hype hype hype

2. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

first

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I think maybe we make one thread for all the re-recordings? But I supposed we can cross that bridge as other start coming out.

Matt Chylak and bradsonemanband like this.
  4. Depending on how close together she releases all of the re-releases, I agree that we could change this to just be a mega thread for all the "Taylor's Versions."

5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Coming out with the one I wanted the most right out the gate is wild. So ready for this. Hearing a studio version of “Fearless” & “The Best Day” performed by adult Taylor, 13(!) years later, is gonna rule.

Chris1024 likes this.
  6. Can’t wait to hear how this and the others turn out!

7. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I'm glad she's including a lot of extras that make this worth the repeat buy. It's making me even more excited for possible inclusions for Red, 1989, and reputation.

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Hyped for this. Kinda wish I just dropped the $50 I used for this on any of the records after this one though haha

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

So hyped

10. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Here for it

11. I honestly just feel very lucky to be able to experience these albums for the first time, twice.

12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

gonna need to use a vacation day for Red

surgerone and bradsonemanband like this.
  13. you spelled *week wrong

Garrett and bradsonemanband like this.
  14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yes

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Hopefully she's still doing self titled, if we don't get Our Song Taylor's Version I will slam her screen door

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Re-recorded cold as you is going to be so amazing

bradsonemanband, Tim and Anna Acosta like this.
  17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Let's go

18. I'm sure she's re-recording them all - it just makes sense to start with Fearless

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. @Anna Acosta and I agree - "Taylor Swift Re-record End Game and replace Ed Sheeran and Future with Hayley Williams and Megan Thee Stallion Challenge"

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m kinda losing my mind thinking about the possibility of “from the vault” 1989 songs

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

New Romantics was a bonus track and still better than most other songs by other people

22. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The song I want most from self titles is “I’m Only Me When I’m With You,” though at the same time there’s a specific rasp or something to her voice in the original that I’d probably miss in a new version.

“Cold as You,” “Mary’s Song,” & (for nostalgia) “Teardrops on My Guitar” would also rule.

Red’s still my favorite album of hers (even after folklore), but that’s actually lower in my list of Taylor’s Versions I want ‘cause the original is so perfect. (Which, Fearless is, too, but there’s a specific thematic aspect I’ve talked about before that makes this one exciting to me.) The potential of new outtakes is the main attraction for that one for me.

Garrett and Anna Acosta like this.
  23. Meerkat Feb 11, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2021)
    Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I’ve kept track of the random capital letters in that post 4 times and I still can’t for the life of me figure out if it’s actually signaling something or if she just had some typos and left it to fuck with us

edit: Twitter says it’s April Ninth, I’m dumb

24. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Just gonna add it to this thread.

Taylor’s Version > Platinum Edition

on the sole fact that the proper album is first

bradsonemanband likes this.