Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Reputation (November 10, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I feel like if it didn't have the newspaper business going on, the cover would be alright. It just makes it look so... high school graphic design class.

beachdude42, Arry and bradsonemanband like this.
  2. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

yah i agree. maybe this isn't the cover, just a teaser to get the theme across. i think it would look better if it was simplified to have title, photo and none of that headline/newspaper shit. they can step and repeat the newspaper stuff in the packaging. i just think it's a little awkward to have that gradient texture on her face, idk.

Barresi likes this.
  3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I've already come around to it.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

5. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

subbing.

6. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

8. Haha I can't get over that cover.

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I'm sure that the music will be good. There are very few songs from the last four albums I don't like. But making fun of pop stars is part of the fun of having pop stars, and this cover really merits it. Like, I still can't believe it's real.

zmtr, Slangster, ECV and 6 others like this.
  10. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Good summary of the last four pages lol.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I would like to chime in and say lmao at that cover. Interested in what she does with this.

12. shea

RIP Supporter

Cover is whatever. Gimme a song already!

13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Looking forward to this. 1989 was a definite step down from Red (her best album) but was still good with some great highlights. Maybe this new one will be a stronger version of her more fully pop sound, especially with one year longer than usual between albums to decide what she wants to do.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  14. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I think it's iconic. Excited to hear where her music goes next.

15. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

That cover tho... All this money and Nagini can't hire a decent graphic designer? Where was the effort?

[​IMG]

Nick likes this.
  16. duritzfan13

all we have is time

It kinda comes across as a subtle jab at the "Life of Pablo" artwork to me. The displaced/repetitive text..

17. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Alright, (crazy?) theory time:

The only way this album theme works out in any way whatsoever is if this is all a setup. This is so over-the-top, setting the album up as a record that lashes out and confronts the way that she's been portrayed in the media. She's a smart woman with a good team around her and focuses primarily on positive news stories. She's also been working on this for a long time. If the music's POV truly came out as confrontational as this album art seems to suggest, someone on her team would have taken the long view by now and said, "this is a bad move."

So I think she's waving a false flag with this album art. I think she's made amends with everyone behind the scenes already. Kim and Kanye are in on it. Katy and her are in a better place (aren't they performing at the VMAs together?). This way, Taylor can hold on to her empowerment message and be a unifying figure rather than a divisive one. The message of the album is going to be "You don't really have any idea who I am beyond what the media tells you. Let ME tell you." But in a positive way, not a negative one.

beachdude42 and FTank like this.
  18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I definitely see something along those lines being possible. I still don't think she'll duet WITH katy at the VMAs, but rather her new solo song, BUT I do see some sort of mending bridges on air

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

midnight tonight it seems

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

11:00 PM on Apple Music.

beachdude42 and Aaron Mook like this.
  21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

not necessarily, if taylor wanted it to go up at exactly 2:13 AM she could make that happen

22. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

She could.

My bets are still on 11 PM.

sonder likes this.
  23. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I already used my free trial but I will definitely make my wife get one if this is true.

sonder likes this.