Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Reputation (November 10, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 23, 2017.

1. It's Taylor Swift. Everyone would be talking about it regardless. It's a bad cover.

2. radiodead

Trusted

This feels like it's not going to be very good. Idk.

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

The cover looks like it's going to sound like Cypress Hill.

4. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

The cover is bad but I am very very excited for the single. If it's bad then I will thank the gods that I don't have to buy this ugly art on vinyl.

5. If it was just a collage of newsprint repeating her name, I think that'd be a cool artwork. It's so busy as-is and as others have said, that font is bad.

6. radiodead

Trusted

1989 is her only album with good/decent cover. So we probably shouldn't be THAT surprised.

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The aesthetic of her name repeated over and over in different ways actually kinda reminds me of TLOP

8. radiodead

Trusted

I think the cover would benefit from no font at all. I think a white back drop with that picture of her would suffice. Her look and attire say more about the record most likely than all of that busy font.

9. I think the phrase "reputation" and "tabloid/news/magazine/paper" is very on the nose. But, that's kinda the point.

10. radiodead

Trusted

Well I lied. Red is nice as well. Forgot about that record.

11. karcrashianpanache

hysterical and useless

I see Taylor Swift is having Katy Perry's Justin Bieber phase

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Reading this thread before seeing the cover was hilarious. The reactions are way more over the top and absurd than the actual album cover.

13. radiodead

Trusted

I generally think most albums would benefit from no font. Maybe it's because Science Fiction. I still wish Daisy had no font.

14. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

For a songwriter who's always embraced the tabloid aspects of her life from a personal relationships standpoint, it'll be very interesting to see how the songwriting on this new album adapts now that the recent tabloids have been primarily focused on her business relationships.

beachdude42 and Turkeylegz like this.
  15. Someone over there chooses bad type/placement too:

site_home-6.jpeg

And don't get me started on IAAN.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

beachdude42, Joe4th and Jason Tate like this.
  17. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

yikes this is uncharacteristically loud for brand new

18. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I need a single before I can have an informed opinion, but that art makes me nervous.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

beachdude42 and Aregala like this.
  20. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

21. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I don't see the beef with the cover

irthesteve likes this.
  22. I'm just now remembering that are some co-writes from Chris Carrabba and Ryan Adams. I'm still optimistic.

irthesteve likes this.
  23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

vidiviciveni likes this.
  24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Well this is interesting. It's not my favorite color, but I don't hate it. And anyone judging the album by the cover is beyond ridiculous lol