Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Reputation (November 10, 2017) Album • Page 154

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 23, 2017.

1. shea

RIP Supporter

[​IMG]

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Welcome to Universal we've been waiting for you

Contender likes this.
  4. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Hell yeah on owning her future masters and that Spotify deal sounds so cool and exactly what I love to see an artist of her caliber trying to do with their impact. Excited to dig into what all of this will mean for her/the industry at large while I’m in the car for 9 hours tomorrow.

Contender likes this.
  5. Quite a blow to Big Machine, although an inevitable one... sigh. I hope next time around she realizes her own power and starts her own imprint.

6. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Weird time for announcement?

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

8. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Contract's up at the end of December.

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Well, the guy from Big Machine is probably crying into his coffee this morning.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  10. once it's gone they gotta switch to instant coffee to cut costs

beachdude, sonder and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

They’re going to have to be really nice to Thomas Rhett from here on out, I guess.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  12. personalmaps

well here's what will be super interesting in the future I think: UMG is still trying to buy BMR. So, does Borchetta want a big payday or to possibly cause bad blood by holding out and keeping the masters under their roof?

13. I would certainly hope he's grown enough that he wouldn't behave like a child throwing a temper tantrum, but... it also wouldn't surprise me because men in the music industry rarely can.

14. irthesteve

it's pretty amazing/cool of her, never heard of anything like that before

15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Just released a compilation album of all the secret songs from the reputation tour

Nothing new but somewhat interesting. Probably just her old label making a quick buck.

16. irthesteve

do you mean this?

Definitely strange that they made it a new album on services, yet call it a playlist (because it is), BUT didn't set it up like a playlist, like the Taylor's favorite songs playlists are

17. personalmaps

IIRC her Big Machine contract stipulates 6 albums and a greatest hits comp, so it’s probably to fulfill that and fully move on to UMG.

irthesteve likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. irthesteve

Holy shit, that's honestly amazing that Taylor came out for the event. Badass.

20. personalmaps

She’s really trying to kill me wow.

21. Every time she does a performance like that it just reminds me that I just want her to release acoustic versions of her entire catalog.

irthesteve, Zilla and Kiana like this.
  22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Jawn got snubbed

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

This album may not have been perfect, but it definitely deserved more love from the Grammys

SEMUSIC likes this.
  24. personalmaps

Feels a bit like they’re punishing her for not playing the promo game this time around.