Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Reputation (November 10, 2017) Album • Page 153

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

“Ready For It is a top-to-bottom banger.”

irthesteve and astereo like this.
  2. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Ready For It:
    DWOHT:
    mini-post on Delicate:
    This Love:
    End Game:
    Also interesting, she posted some other thoughts about Reputation as a whole where she compared it to k.d. land's Ingenue- "She [Lang] expressed that artistic "need to bleed" as "chips on the coffee cup, which just makes it more interesting." As in each chip in an object or a veneer—each bit of damage—has a story to tell. To me, Reputation in some respects has parallels to Ingenue, in that I personally think (and again, this is only my opinion) at least part of Reputation was inspired by, as you suggest, a delicate relationship that was on some level hard to navigate."

beachdude and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. personalmaps

double posting to keep it out of the producer's comments- I love her take on NYD. I also cried and was confused by my crying the first time I heard it, so having the knowledge that 1) it's just a good fucking song 2) and that Taylor ENGINEERED IT that way was so cool to me.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. NYD made me sob like a toddler whose ice cream cone just fell on the floor the first time I heard it but I was in no way confused by it. :crylaugh::verysad:

"Hold on to the memories, they will hold onto you" and "Please don't ever become a stranger whose laugh I would recognize anywhere" in the year I finally accepted I had to let go of my once-best friend (he chose my abuser) AND hearing it for the first time just as I was falling in love?

Bye. I was a goner.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

6. irthesteve

TAYLOR ALL OF A SUDDEN IS POLITICAL AND CHOSE A SIDE FINALLY

oh wait, how long ago was this? oh...

7. personalmaps

Anna Acosta likes this.
  8. White feminist? Yes. Problematic? Yes. Has work to do? Yes.

But @kaylasananjou is absolutely right. The "she's probably a nazi" (or even conservative) rhetoric has never lined up with, you know, the things she actually DOES.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Right she's friends with Lena Dunham and Haim lol

10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

People just do the most. You could argue that her past decision was spineless or greedy or unethical or whatever and prob make something of a case, but nazi? Eh. And white supremacists are always so desperate for anyone with an ounce of relevance to validate them that they're dumb af for thinking she was checking for anything other than their wallets.

11. personalmaps

12. Kiana

Yas zayn, fuel the rumors!! This is the content I need

13. irthesteve

i totally read that as a off hand joke referring to the stupid rumors

14. Kiana

I did too but part of me wants to belieeeeve. It's a nice pop culture rumor that's ridic and fun and not like... Sexual harassment or something so I wanna take it. I mean I can fit into a suitcase. I'm much shorter than her but she is v skinny and more flexible than me so like it's possible.

Some might say wow Kiana who cares if the rumor is true?? And I say okay my life is that sad and depressing!!!

irthesteve and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I find that stuff delightful too, the rumor that Ariana Grande demanded to be carried around like a baby gave me life for so many years

irthesteve and Kiana like this.
  16. Kiana

Yes I live for a ridic harmless rumor. I will always believe that the other members of destiny's child had to go by different names so beyonce could be the only one with a ~unique standout name. I could totally see Ariana demanding to be carried like a baby. I just want to dream!!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  17. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Tried this and “New Romantics” does not work as an opener for me and the transition into “Blank Space” is ehhh. Feels too much like the culmination of something... might be better in place of “I Know Places”.

18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yeah, I don't really like "Welcome to New York" that much, but I've never been able to figure out a better opener for 1989.

irthesteve likes this.
  19. Garrett

I use Wonderland but tbh Blank Space as an album opener is kinda perfect now that I think about it

20. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

“Blank Space” is pretty much a perfect track 2 for me. Can’t see it as an opener.

FTank likes this.
  21. irthesteve

1989 is sequenced perfectly as-is, the opener and closer are where they should be. The opener just happens to be one of the worst songs on there, despite it's obvious "opening track" qualities

FTank and awakeohsleeper like this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Blank Space should have been track 1 and 2 and 3... and 13

irthesteve likes this.
  23. shea

RIP Supporter

I have never listened to Welcome to NY all the way through.

24. Garrett

It’s been waiting for you