Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Reputation (November 10, 2017) Album • Page 140

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 23, 2017.

1. dorfmac

Trusted

Show was insane last night. We didn’t get there early or anything and still managed to be two people off the rail. They did a great job in not overselling the pit so there was plenty of space to dance. Tons of lgbt positivity vibes going on, but I was definitely the closest straight guy to the stage by a lot.

At one point, her flying contraption broke and she had to freestyle, so she did an a capella of the chorus to our song and then wildest dreams. Really cool, one of the top 3 experiences of my life. 10/10 would see again

sonder, Kiana and teebs41 like this.
  2. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Yeah the Wildest Dreams bit was cool, she just sort of started singing it a capella and then you could hear as someone caught up to her with a piano somewhere.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The internet has ruined that proposal story by saying they were campaigning to go viral from it or her team knew about it in advance or something cause he was tweeting about it beforehand or something idk like let me believe spontaneity and surprises exist ok???

4. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I don't know they seemed to be pushing it pretty hard. They created a twitter account just for the proposal, then they also had signs that they held up at last night's show saying that they got engaged at Friday night's show. Just be happy with your engagement and stop confusing Camila with your weirdly worded signs.

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I saw one of my coworkers went to the reputation tour. I brought up that I was so jealous that she saw All Too Well live, and she said “I haven’t heard that song before”

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm only like 80% sure that your coworker isn't me, this sounds like every time I bring up music here haha

ComedownMachine likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Meredith and Olivia will be her acting coach

irthesteve and sonder like this.
  9. Kiana

Hopefully she has improved her acting, cause she always seems way too aware and awkward of what she's doing when she tries. Also I hate Cats lol. I am Mr Sheffield in this situation

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Cats scares me, I've never seen it but humans dressed as animals is too uncanny valley for me

Kiana likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Omg

irthesteve likes this.
  12. Kiana

I saw a local production which I know isnt like Broadway level but I guess I'm uncultured swine cause I laughed the entire time it was so ridic lmao

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  13. Kiana

I actually was wondering what she was gonna be up to soon since she's been doing the pap strolls again.

14. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

It seems the Old Taylor CAN come to the phone again.

irthesteve and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Scored three free tickets to Friday's show... second row, right in front of the catwalk off to stage left. Vettix is the best.

16. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Went to Metlife show one last night and it was incredible. Up there with my favorite shows of the year.

Our secret song was Welcome to New York, which, given the variety of rare, deep cuts she's been doing, was very disappointing.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just got home from tonight's show. Wow, that was amazing.

It down poured all night which actually made the show even more incredible. As a nod to the rain, she ended up playing Fearless and Clean.

My only complaint.....hardly anything from Red! Just WANGBT, not even Trouble or 22. It was my first time seeing her live and I would've killed for State of Grace and All Too Well. Still, probably one of the most memorable concerts I've ever been to.

Brent likes this.
  18. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Looking forward to Metlife tonight. I, too, wish there were a few more from Red.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah I guess it's kinda neat that she plays so much from Reputation in terms of her being proud of her work, and being like this is what I want to play, and I know she did the same on the 1989 tour
    but that also doesn't leave as much room for her old stuff and she has so many bangers she doesn't have room for

Brent likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

astereo and irthesteve like this.
  21. Kiana

Yay I love delicate.

Idk if I'm just dumb which is totally a possibility I'm not discounting lol, but with repuatation and her owning the snake thing I couldn't rly tell what she was trying to do. Like is it a Blank Space situation where she's like people have this idea of me and it's totally not true but imagine if it was, or is she rly trying to own the bad bitch thing even tho she clearly still sees herself as the victim in the situation? Idk it was muddled and confusing to me and I didnt rly like that angle because either way it didnt feel natural to me, but Delicate is so cute and pure and references her reputation hit in a way that I actually found more genuine and vulnerable. I hear the song on radio all the time and haven't gotten sick of it

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

it's weird because she treated snake like a slur when um it isn't, like not only that it shook her to her core, Kim Kardashian calling her a snake was so traumatic and um what
    but she should def own that she's calculating because it's not only a bad thing,the amount of hustle she has and how far it's gotten her is impressive

23. Kiana

I just need sis to pick a lane! Like if she wants to do some bad bitch snake queen thing awesome but then giving speeches about how you were so bullied and victimized for being caught lying is like not owning it. And if she's gonna be satirical about the snake queen thing then I feel like an entire album cycle and the merch and snake pit stuff is just too much idk. Like I feel as if she wanted to come off unbothered and above it cause she's loved up and stuff, but as the same time she makes it v aware of how bothered she was by it so I'm like idk. Just an odd choice imo I could've done with the I dont care what u say about me cause I found love and people who care about me, without all the other stuff

24. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

i also feel like fans spoke loudly with delicate being the best performing single out of the cycle.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I guess this is cute but I don't believe they're best friends, like you never see them hanging out not professionally

skogsraet likes this.