Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 70

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 25, 2019.

1. It's feels like the exact opposite side of the coin of "The Moment I Knew" for reasons I can't quite verbalize. I am very emotional at this evidence that this album really IS a Red-esque return to (some) singer/songwriter form like she said it would be.

Several folks have rightly pointed out that this song will be on wedding playlists (and first dances) everywhere, henceforth. Apparently someone has ALREADY achieved this.

I am so, so happy.

2. Lol

Aregala and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Wow pitchfork, so progressive

Aregala and bradsonemanband like this.
  4. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

7.7 to 1989, bullshit

5. radiodead

Trusted

Lol I mean alright.

They’ve had 5 years to get the 1989 review right since they snubbed it and they still fucked it up. 7.7? That’s insane.

8.7 and I agree with all of the scores.

6. Omni

Regular

Those scores are actually really good overall though, much higher than I would have expected from p4k for Taylor Swift albums. I personally think 1989 deserves an 8 at the very least but whatever.

ECV likes this.
  7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'd give 1989 about an 8. They scored the rest higher than I would.

8. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

1989 is an 8.5 and would rank a lot higher if you swapped out Welcome to New York for New Romantics.

Also, Lover vinyl pre-order when?

9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

damn pitchfork beat me to the punch and still messed it up

10. Garrett

oh wait I missed that she dragged them in Vogue recently for reviewing 1989 but not her version

irthesteve likes this.
  11. radiodead

Trusted

The 1989 review just feels too minor for an album that big and important.

12. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

christ y’all

13. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

thank you :heart:

Aregala likes this.
  14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

At least @unbornwhiskey is coming through and giving Red the 9.0 review it deserves.

ECV, Matt Chylak, Mary V and 4 others like this.
  15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

thank you craig!!!

i think everyone did really great work. maura’s review of the s/t is perfect

16. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I’m excited to read all of these! I think it’s silly that ppl on twitter are blaming the writers like it’s their fault the website didn’t review a Taylor Swift album 10 years ago? Better late than never.

17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Nnnnn claiming 1989 should be higher than an 8 when it contains welcome to ny, bad blood, and shake it off

18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the truth

19. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I read Red and Speak Now this morning and enjoyed both quite a bit. Different perspectives than I have on those records, but you both highlighted things I hadn't thought of before. Nice work!

ECV likes this.
  20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Will never get the hate for Welcome to New York. It's better than like half of Red.

Swap Bad Blood for New Romantics though and the albums like an 8.7. That's how I've done it.

navidson and offislandghost like this.
  21. Garrett

the actual fuck

ItsAndrew, Anna Acosta, ECV and 8 others like this.
  22. Garrett

I am excited to read all these now that I’m at work

23. personalmaps

As a midwest person who has never felt happier than when I arrived in New York City for the first time, WTNY has such a special place in my heart. That acoustic performance she did for the Prime Day concert really got me in my feelings. Like "it HAS been waiting for me it IS that special!"

sonder likes this.
  24. personalmaps

Also - I liked all of these reviews, but I disagree with the one for 1989. I don't think it's a detached album at all, especially when you consider songs like "This Love" and "Wonderland." I think it was a step in the right direction of creating material that understands that not every single thing you experience is life and death...even if she's been backpedaling on that nonchalance since 2015.

Anna Acosta likes this.