Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I haven't listened to it yet but I tend not to like her lead singles. Always a bit cheesy and juvenile, but even if I don't end up liking it like I never like her lead singles and pretty much always like the album so I'm not worried. but anyway at least it seems like a cute positive song. I'll listen when I get the chance!

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

According to wikipedia he is

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Has anybody made a Mii joke yet because if not, somebody should get on that

4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Not quite sure what to think of the new song... seems very repetitive and feels like a RomCom soundtrack song that is overpowered by Brendon. I’m sure it’ll come around though like her other singles.

beachdude likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this song is not for MeEeEeE

earthlight, Zilla and beachdude like this.
  6. Kiana

Can we talk about the dixie chicks collab theories tho???!!!

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I liked this a lot more than I was expecting. Super catchy chorus.

8. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

God damn it that chorus is infectious

9. Kiana

Lmao also at comments I've read about her "pushing 30" like can we not?? Brendon is over 30 and I haven't seen a comment remarking on that yet! Let us be 30 and flirty and thriving ok!!

10. J12

Trusted Supporter

I'm having the hardest time adjusting to the fact that it's April and we're getting new Taylor music. As I was watching the video last night, I started to think it must be August.

Machine-breaking schedule aside (I think there's a whole conversation to be had about why she's timing it this way, which will be interesting), the song didn't do much for me the first time around. But, to be fair, I've pretty much felt that way about every Taylor lead single the first time I hear it. Second time around, I found it infinitely more catchy and enjoyable. Brendon sounds great on this song. The lyrics, especially on the bridge, are very "meh", though.

Also, still internally laughing at the fact that Brendon Urie now has a prominent feature on a Taylor Swift song and an Every Time I Die song. That's range, folks.

11. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I relistened a few times and it’s not doing anything for me. It just goes in one ear and out the other. Hoping the rest of the album is less generic.

earthlight and radiodead like this.
  12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

She really straight up made a music video to introduce us to her third cat

13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Really love the visuals and some of the melodies in the song, but I think I wish Brendon was used a little more sparingly to give her more room to shine. The spelling part is a groaner for sure, but we should know better than to panic because she’s pulled it off before, as everyone else has said.

Also this definitely has a child-like vibe, but I don’t think that necessarily means it is aimed at kids. It’s whimsical and fun.

Here for it.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

No shade to anyone here you're all free to your opinion, but I do just have to say:

I feel like when she released LWYMMD people were like "who does she think she is, she can't make angry/vengeful music, she should stick to her positive vibe", and now she's leaned into the positive and she's corny and marketing to kids. People will really just never let her have a win.

15. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The cool thing about Taylor is that, to her fans, she’s never lost despite public perception of whatever is happening at the time. Every era has detractors, and yet her albums sell a million first week, her tours break their own previous records, and she remains one of the three most relevant musicians in the world.

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This is interesting.

17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Taylor's first singles on the last two (Shake it Off, LWYMMD) weren't exactly my cup of tea, but this one is okay, and I really like Brendon's parts, so, cool!

18. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Shake It Off is one of the best major pop songs of the decade, IMO, which is kinda funny because I'm pretty sure I hated it the first time I heard it.

Brent and mescalineeyes like this.
  19. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

HEY KIDS SPELLING IS FUN

20. Joe4th likes this.
  22. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

That new Spotify header is SO Joni Mitchell that I’m firmly securing my tin hat on the “return to Red” rumors.

23. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Out of the last four this is the one I liked most on first listen.