Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 61

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 25, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

How is Me almost the last song, maybe thematically it makes sense but mood wise it's an opener

2. yeah, i'd like to get past that song asap, so it bums me out it's so deep in the tracklist, haha. the whole time i listen to this i'm going to be like "these songs are all pretty good, but god dammit, i know Me is coming up soon....." I really don't like that song. I didn't love the second single either. "The Archer" is fine as an interlude kind of track, but as a stand alone song, it's only meh. I hope the track that follows it is a banger.

sonder likes this.
  3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I only really like Me of the singles so we’ll see

4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

WTF? Where’s my Drake feature?

5. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

probably in the trash with Drake

6. Red was 19 tracks. (Deluxe version anyway, 22 if you count the demo recordings.) I trust Swift with an 18 track album.

Especially because there are bound to be a couple I don't care for. Means there's still plenty left for me to love.

Mary V, Jason Tate and Garrett L. like this.
  7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"the archer" is totally brilliant. like a beautifully textured song with a build that doesn't quite arrive at catharsis and therefore feels like this boiling-beneath-the-surface feeling, plus her best lyrics since... idk, red. stands on its own just fine

Mary V, Brother Beck and Aregala like this.
  8. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

10. Craig Manning

I'm always sad when I listen to the vinyl of Red that it doesn't have those three bonus tracks. Would be perfectly fine if those had just been on the record.

Anna Acosta and Garrett L. like this.
  11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Come Back Be Here is so damn good

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The 3 songs are great, but they also feel like bonus tracks to me

13. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i love "the moment i knew" and "girl at home" but i'm not mad they aren't on the album, not nearly to the degree that i'm mad about "new romantics"

Aregala likes this.
  14. Garrett

New Romantics should’ve been the album closer. Wonderland should’ve been the opener.

I’m pretty set in this belief now.

Anna Acosta and unbornwhiskey like this.
  15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"clean" is a perfect closer so i'm of the opinion that "new romantics" should've opened 1989, even though i no longer hate "welcome to new york"

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Clean has to be the closer, no question

17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

All 3 of the 1989 bonus tracks should have been on the album, but "Clean" is just such a great closer. I have never come around on "Welcome To New York" and actually think I have liked it less and less as time has gone on.

18. Craig Manning

Yeah, “Clean” is an all-timer and the only song that could cap that album. Unless you want “New Romantics” as the epilogue or something.

19. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Just the whole style and energy of "New Romantics" says opener to me much more than closer.

20. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

She should have gone the route of having the lead single be on the deluxe version/bonus track.

Well at least for 1989 and Reputation

21. Garrett

Here’s my Taylor Swift scarlet letter: Clean is my least favorite song on 1989 after Welcome to New York. I legit forgot it existed for a bit earlier when I made my post. Clean is a good cap for this album, there’s just something about ending on “the best people in life are free” going into the reputation era (obv in hindsight) is awesome.

Brother Beck likes this.
  22. Craig Manning

This is a bad opinion!

23. Garrett

I don’t think it’s a bad song! It’s just never struck a chord in me like it has for so many others.

24. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

"Clean" is a phenomenal song and it always sticks out in my mind as a particularly great closer. There are a couple of songs on the album that I dislike though, which is why I am doubly happy that the 3 bonus tracks exist.

25. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Taylor Swift doesn't wash her legs so was she really finally clean?