Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 25, 2019.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

History certainly loves to repeat itself in here.. ha

2. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Great single. Baffled by the hate.

3. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

I loved SIO and liked LWYMMD so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    But yeah she always has one of these songs on the album

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

22 is one of my favorites Haha

I also feel like even if this is for children that's okay, the fact that she allows young girls to feel seen is one of her most important qualities

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This song is so much better on second listen after a night of sleep. Absolutely how the next tour is gonna end a la TIWWCHNT and it’s gonna be massive.

mattfreaksmeout and Joe4th like this.
  6. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Also, how is this any more “for children” then anything else she’s done? The spelling is cool line is a joke; she’s not actually targeting kindergarteners lol.

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

also there’s a Venn diagram of Taylor Swift and Brendon Urie technically singing a Taking Back Sunday song title in my music history and it’s very much something I’m here for

macbethfan and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I thought maybe when I listened this morning I would like it less than last night because of how much everyone (not just people here) is ripping on it, but I’m happy to report I still completely love it. It just puts me in such a great mood.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

wow this was a nice surprise.

10. that music video was insane haha. the song is ok. not in love with it, but i like it much more than 99% of everything from Reputation, so i'll call it a win!

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  11. manoverboard365

Trusted

Good song, great video.

I love the chorus, but that "hey kids spelling is fun" part in the bridge makes me laugh.

Brent and bradsonemanband like this.
  12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Choked on my drink when I heard that line.

13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Song is fun, I like it a lot!

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

She's always been weirdly corporate, Red was sponsored by diet Coke

Brent likes this.
  15. a lack of color

Regular

I stan this post.

personalmaps and macbethfan like this.
  16. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

the video fucking rules and almost redeems the song I will not be reading replies

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Song is catchy, pretty good! Lots of one note melodies, which I’m a big fan of. The bridge is cheesy but doesn’t ruin the song imo

18. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Meh. Song doesn’t do anything for me. I’m sure it will crush it on the charts though

beachdude likes this.
  19. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh whoops probably should have posted here

Song is alright, doesn't blow me away but it could grow on me

20. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

Only listened to the song once, but I didn't like it at all unfortunately. I need to listen more though, and I'm sure it will grow on me. Still super excited for an album because I know I'll love it

beachdude likes this.
  21. Bane

The spiciest meme

Honestly I'm more just happy for brendon being featured to such a massive audience

macbethfan and beachdude like this.
  22. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I wonder when she’ll announce the album

FTank and teebs41 like this.
  23. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I like the song a lot. Brendon really shines through, especially near the end, to such an extent that it sounds like a Panic! song. I'm also pro-talking/spelling bridge portion

Not as much of an instant earworm as Shake It Off, but still very catchy. Been playing it a lot over the last 10 hours or so.

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I'm decidedly not a fan of Swift's, really never have been, but I checked this out because Brendon was on it and it is in fact a Good Song™. Is Brendon a co-writer on this because it sounds like his fingerprints are on it in some way.

astereo and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  25. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea I actually think it's fun when Taylor does talking portions because they're just so ridiculous that it just feels self aware enough to be good