Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 51

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I get that Kelly means well here, but this is just not a good solution IMO. Albums are a moment in time. Red re-recorded would always be Red re-recorded. It would never be Red. That's why this situation sucks so much. They're still her songs, but she doesn't own what will always be the definitive versions of them. A workaround isn't going to change that.

2. I don't disagree. I love that JoJo did this because you literally can't stream her originals, but this is different. With that said, I think this would be advisable on a cathartic level for Taylor (if SHE wanted to, something tells me she won't), just because who her music was sold to was so painful for her. As a reclamation of power, kinda thing. Won't solve the issue though.

sonder, Garrett L. and Craig Manning like this.
  3. Craig Manning

If she wanted to do it, all the more power to her! I’d absolutely listen, though I can’t say I’d “replace” the old versions with the new ones. It would just be an interesting thing to hear that I probably wouldn’t return to a ton, a la what Chris Carrabba recently did with a few Dashboard albums. But I’d imagine that recording all those albums again would be a big expense and investment of time, and based on her original statement about the sale of her masters, she’s more likely to want to move on and embrace what’s next.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I would love to see her do a re-imagined take on some of her country hits more in her pop vein, like what she did with the Love Story 1989 Tour version.

If she does re-record old albums, cool. But “saving” some select songs wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

Except All Too Well. I don’t think you can re-record that song. Unless it’s the original 10 minute demo. I need that from the vault.

trevorshmevor and Anna Acosta like this.
  5. Craig Manning

Nah, keep the country records as country records. They are perfect as is.

I will take the country Reputation, though.

6. Yes to all of this

Craig Manning likes this.
  7. Garrett

Country Reputation ends up with Endgame as a Florida-Georgia Line collab so let's not tread that road okay

Anna Acosta and RJ Knorr like this.
  8. Bring it on. :)

9. Craig Manning

Nah, it would have been Thomas Rhett, which I would have been completely okay with.

beachdude and teebs41 like this.
  10. Craig Manning

But I think that either way, cutting “Endgame” entirely is the right move.

beachdude, radiodead and @@ron like this.
  11. Garrett

I would kill for a Red-era esque song with Thomas Rhett. I just don't think that's her vibe with that song.

I think @irthesteve and I are the only #TeamEndgame peeps around here and tbh I'm okay with that song is a bop

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

yeah it's a massive bop and a half

trevorshmevor and Garrett L. like this.
  13. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I love everything Taylor does on Endgame

14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I hate that I dislike end game but that it has one of the best lines of her songs

Anna Acosta likes this.
  15. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I like Endgame quite a bit now

trevorshmevor and irthesteve like this.
  16. Craig Manning

Fitting, since it seems like Rhett’s newest album is his attempt at making a Red. Not on the same level, obviously, but I’m a fan.

I really don’t like anything about “Endgame.” Though, I haven’t listened to it since I deleted it from my iTunes after about five times through Reputation.

Garrett L. likes this.
  17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Endgame, like most of the songs on the record, has some atrocious parts but also some lovely ones. Seems like a weird choice to single out.

18. @@ron

Regular

Hatchets?

19. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I'm probably late on this, but why doesn't the guy just sell her back her stuff for a reasonable price? Not like she can't afford it.

20. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Because it’s abt controlling a woman he wants to control, not money.

sonder, Anna Acosta, Zilla and 3 others like this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

He doesn't want to sell, he wants money and power

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

How would this actually work? Surely you are violating the copyright of the previous recording?

23. Garrett

JoJo just did it, so I'm guessing it doesn't. (I think the artist owns the copyright, but the label/whatever owns the master recording, but I may be wrong.)

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Ohhh, I definitely had conflated the two in my head. I thought the artist not owning the masters meant that they didn't own the copyright either!

Not heard of JoJo but assumed there was an explanation as I saw that name above.

25. Garrett

I'm going to take a guess and say you've probably heard this song (but also you're in the UK and I think "Disaster" was her biggest hit there and no idea if this one made it over there).

What the music industry did to her career is appalling. And then here's how she re-recorded it:

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.