Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Light hearted pop jam - not bad.

Love the drum pattern in that bridge too

2. You nailed it. The JT single from Trolls is a jam I still add to playlists.

irthesteve likes this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

See

Jacob Tender likes this.
  4. meggers

Trusted

5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

This is so spot on

MacbethSin, Brent, Zilla and 3 others like this.
  6. henryviolence

Holy shit. This is awful. Like embarrassingly bad for an artist of her caliber. It’s not even that the direction is weird (it is) it’s that it sounds like she’s actively making music for 6 year olds. Edit: she’s 29. Lol what? I’m blown away. Someone’s gotta wake her up.

7. I dig for the most part, Urie slays.

Joe4th, macbethfan and waking season like this.
  8. Looks like too to be honest.

kbeef2, Garrett L. and henryviolence like this.
  9. @@ron

Regular

I need a GIF of Brendon dancing in the red suit.

warriorsam likes this.
  10. And it is definitely not “embarrassingly bad”

RJ Knorr, Joe4th, macbethfan and 4 others like this.
  11. shea

RIP Supporter

I can’t believe I fell asleep at like 1130 after all the waiting..lol.

I don’t love it, but I haven’t loved a lead single of hers immediately since Mine.

GD cheesy, tho..

12. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I've listened four times now. Yup. I dig it.

13. henryviolence

I mean. It kind of is though. She literally stops the song to say “hey kids spelling is cool”.

beachdude and Barresi like this.
  14. I don’t think cheesy is bad or embarrassing. :shrug:

Contender, Garrett L., Joe4th and 5 others like this.
  15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Are you not familiar with cheesy Taylor Swift bridges

16. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Yeah, that bridge is pretty irredeemable for me. And that's coming from someone who loved the "real Taylor can't come to the phone right now" bit.

17. shea

RIP Supporter

Hey hey hey....

18. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I thought the bridge was reminiscent to fun Motown songs. Stuff like Jackson 5 and such.

19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I don't know why I got my hopes up lol, of course it was going to sound like this. It's amazing how her producers are somehow able to drain so much of the personality out of Brendon's voice here, to the point where it could be almost any decent male pop singer doing his parts. I thought the same thing about her song with Zayn (who isn't nearly as charismatic as Brendon, but still has a hell of a voice, which was flattened and overproduced to all hell in their song).

Like I get that Brendon's a hot commodity right now, but I feel like if you're going to invite a guest singer on your track, they should be able to retain at least some of their own style or bring something of their own to the equation. I don't hate this song, but I definitely let myself have too high of expectations. It's a meh from me.

20. [​IMG]
    Here you go.

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think Brendon fits really great in this song

I didn’t even love the song but here I am defending it haha

Joe4th, Jason Tate and waking season like this.
  22. @@ron

Regular

23. henryviolence

I am very familiar. Lol. I’m not saying T is embarrassingly bad. I’m saying this song is. This is the biggest artist in the world we’re talking about. Who it would seem, is at the peak of her powers... This song does not sound like something that should be coming from someone like her. Cheese is one thing. Bad corporate sounding kids pop is another.

beachdude likes this.
  24. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Shake It Off remains my favorite of her lead singles, but that pre-chorus is amazing. Brendon's feature was not wasted. Overall, really great return to form.

And I actually like the Brendon's voice wasn't too over the top here. One of the reason High Hopes is hard for me to listen to.

warriorsam and a lack of color like this.