Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 25

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 25, 2019.

1. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

well it never made me less gay so no i am not. :')

i love 22 and i like both of these singles. i think everyone just rushes to pile on criticism of taylor always and it's always been clear to me that some songs on her albums are just not as strong as the others.

Contender and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I honestly don’t get what’s wrong with the lyrics to the new one. Like Me! is just fun so I don’t have a problem with those lyrics either, but I don’t see how she’s not painting a picture here. She’s making a very clear commentary with very relatable examples. I thought this is what people have been wanting from her (to be more directly political).

3. bodkins

Trusted

New song is solid. I think I’m gonna enjoy this album more so than her last.

4. To me, these new songs sound just like the last album, but opposite, if that makes sense.

5. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this song is good

scottlechowicz likes this.
  6. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Big yikes from me on this one (and the first single). Not into it at all.

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm sure I'll enjoy the album but I think the thing that is a bit off for me is that these two songs lyrically aren't... timeless I guess is what I'm looking for? Like the trendy internet slang (sry idk what else to call it lol) is going to end up sounding dated imo, whereas her older albums don't have that issue for me. But again it's only two songs out of 18 so I'm not super worried.

But like the word "shade" was interesting. Idek what she was trying to say there at first because shade has nothing to do with homophobia. Hatred and bigotry isn't "shading" someone.

Idek what I'm trying to say and now I've typed shade so much it doesn't sound like a word.

8. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I don't understand that phrase either.

beachdude likes this.
  9. in 10 years, kids who hear this song are going to say "Hey, mom, Taylor said the word 'internet.' What is that?" and then the mom will say "That's what is installed into your brain which makes you know everything. That's why you're so smart!"

Ahhhh!

10. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I feel like she should have released this as the first single because it made me retroactively like Me! also.

oh god

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  11. Kiana

Personally I hope the future generations don't understand any lyrics about driving on roads while they're listening in their flying cars. Sam Hunt u r OBSOLETE!! Sorry taylor that means Tim McGraw is out too.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Our Song being obsolete would be devastating

what are these future generations of which you speak the planet has like 100 years left

13. Kiana

The generations that are forced to move to other planets, therefore making songs about earth obsolete too.

14. J12

Trusted Supporter

This one clicked with me pretty much instantly, where as Me took a little bit. With Taylor, though, I'm always way more excited about hearing the stuff that doesn't get sent to radio. That's usually where her writing shines.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Not into this unfortunately

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This is another Joel Little co write/production, not sure if anyone mentioned yet

17. navidson

Regular

She needs to stop worrying about what people think of her and start crafting some actual songs again - I love Taylor but this moaning/martyr act is wearing very thin very fast

currytheword, beachdude and Brent like this.
  18. Urie drafts sis.jpeg

Brent, shea, llllllllllllllll and 7 others like this.
  19. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

The melodies are killer but that’s about all I can say for this one. I know her albums usually have a couple of duds so I’m not jumping ship at all, but lyrically this is a train wreck. Always down for big influential people being allies but this feels the same as AT&T or Visa sporting a rainbow logo for one month out of the year.

To me personally it just feels like the self awareness that she had perfected over the last two albums is not showing here and she thinks she snapped.... but she didn’t.

beachdude and earthlight like this.
  20. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

This song is genuinely awful

currytheword likes this.
  21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

you can want who you want
    boys and boys and girls and girls

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm getting even more flashbacks of LWYMMD followed by Ready For It reactions

23. a lack of color

Regular

Yeah I feel like everyone hated LWYMMD, and then when Ready For It came out they were like "Okay this is better but still not what I want" and that's very similar to what's happening here. Even I remember thinking "I like these but please lord let the rest of the album be better" myself

FTank, Anna Acosta and irthesteve like this.
  24. And then it wasn't. Ay ooo!

25. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

These being on the latter half of the album might give weight to some sort of marrying of her sounds and the first half will be country-esque.