Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 155

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 25, 2019.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Ok. Talking about the song live where in the set should it be performed? The very last song? Last song before encore?

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Opener: The Archer
    Second Song: Cruel Summer

aka how the album should've gone

3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I think I’m bored enough to make a setlist for Loverfest

iCarly Rae Jepsen and bobby_runs like this.
  4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I would except i didn't go to the last two tours and don't know the reception to some of those songs.

5. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Cruel Summer is where it's at. Can't wait for that one live.

I'm not sure if Taylor is too worried about reception to playing nearly the full album live each night considering she has continued to do that on pretty much every album tour. For Reputation I thought for sure she would scale back on the deeper cuts and do more hits, but I was wrong (and the reception was great).

6. Ending with Cruel Summer right before the encore would be pretty rad

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

She didn't do an encore on the Rep tour, fwiw.

I think she'd end with like... Lover for Loverfest.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I gave her the benefit of the doubt when she didn't do Cruel Summer as a lead single last summer thinking surely she would release it this summer. Maybe her plans or priorities shifted with Covid and the stuff with her mom idk but I was so excited to have this be a solid song of summer all over the radio

a lack of color likes this.
  9. heymattrick

I kinda considered the gap before Getaway Car the "encore" break. It was a decent length interlude, even if it wasn't explicitly an encore.

10. a lack of color

Regular

Nah, if she pauses the audience will sing it anyway and it will ruin the moment

11. a lack of color

Regular

I did this like two days after I got tickets LOL. I have her opening with ME! and closing with a mashup of Love Story and Lover. Do I need a life? Yes

12. radiodead

Trusted

I haven’t read back on the thread. Possibly could have been discussed already.

would dropping “Cruel Summer” as a single right now be too on the nose? Maybe deemed a little insensitive? Or would it be perfect?

best song on the record imo and should have been the biggest song from the record tbh.

a lack of color likes this.
  13. heymattrick

I mean, a cruel summer is most definitely what we are having.

radiodead and Brent like this.
  14. radiodead

Trusted

Absolutely.

15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve seen people point out that “Fever dream high, In the quiet of the night, You know that I caught it” might be insensitive right now

radiodead likes this.
  16. radiodead

Trusted

Didn’t think of that. I know there’s a reason she hasn’t. It’s an incredible song. It feels obvious. Which is maybe why she wouldn’t. It would maybe come off a little opportunistic. I just wanted to spark some convo about it. Incredible song, obvious single choice, we are living in crazy times and ya know “Cruel Summer”.

17. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Omg omg omg

sonder, ItsAndrew, Zoshchenko and 5 others like this.
  18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Holy shit lol

19. What the fuck?! Yesssssss

bobby_runs likes this.
  20. radiodead

Trusted

Omg hahaha. I mean not to point out the obvious but T Swift and Kanye are supposedly dropping records with little to zero notice on the same day. I swear....

21. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Oh man my heart skipped a beat when I saw this. So excited. The collab with Bon Iver! So excited to go into the album tomorrow not having heard anything ahead of time.

22. radiodead

Trusted

Aaron Dessner and Bon Iver. Lord.

23. radiodead

Trusted

What vinyl am I buying guys? There’s 8 of them.

TylerDrumming likes this.
  24. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

BON IVER I cannot this is exactly what I want from her ;-;

Also 16 songs hell yeah

And a video!

25. @@ron

Regular

How do I even choose which vinyl... are they the same songs on each just different colors and artwork?

radiodead likes this.