Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 145

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 25, 2019.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Just do it

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Bring back country Taylor Swift. Please?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The documentary was so good! I felt like it really humanized Taylor and we got to see sides of her we otherwise don't see. I rate it a 10/10.

irthesteve likes this.
  4. manoverboard365

Trusted

It infuriated me when you could see how upset she was with not getting any major grammy nominations for Reputation. Saying "I need to make a better album." Urgh I wish all artists realized how meaningless the grammys really are!

Ferrari333SP and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. irthesteve

I'm pretty sure current day Taylor has come to that realization

6. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I dunno if Grammys are a joke or just.... broken.

I personally feel that they've rewarded the wrong TS albums.

7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

yeah i think the whole thesis of the documentary is that "if i just make a better record everyone will love me again" is folly

irthesteve likes this.
  8. manoverboard365

Trusted

I dunno, if only 2 Taylor albums could get an AOTY title, I think they got it right with Fearless and 1989. Fearless was massive and 1989 was a turning point in her sound. Speak Now and Reputation were continuations on their predecessors. Red got the nomination at least and that was deserved.

Even though Lover did chart as well as the other nominees, I still think it should've gotten SOTY. 15 years from now you're still gonna be hearing that song at every wedding you go to. I can't see Bad Guy having the same legacy.

macbethfan likes this.
  9. Not sure if anyone's posted this in here yet, but here's the Q&A that followed the documentary's premiere at Sundance:

sonder likes this.
  10. bobby_runs

For some reason I had it in my head that Speak Now won.

The issue is that a 2008 album won in 2010. Thats my biggest issue with the awards in its current format

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Taylor's quest for validation is one I always find frustratingly relatable. It's easy to be like "omg Taylor just do this for you! Who cares what others think???" But also I think she has always been very hungry for acceptance and validation, going back to the content of her material on her first album to the Kanye ordeal. I related to what she said in that interview she did when she said if someone praises her she considers it a pat on the back for doing something "good" but then she also does the opposite, and I imagine if she gets criticism or even just not being awarded by her peers, in her mind it's because she did something "bad" and she internalizes it. It's unfortunate to view things that way because you can't please everyone and it's a losing battle ultimately, but it's def a relatable battle I think.

skogsraet and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The thing that broke my heart (and I’m a small niche here) over that “I gotta make a better album” quote is that I have rep second only to red haha.

@@ron likes this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

14. bobby_runs

What does it mean though?

15. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Universal controls who gets to use her songs in commercials/movies, etc. iirc

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Corporate partnership but make it feminism is peak Taylor

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I think we already know the lyrics lol

18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i'm so something something as fast as i can

help taylor!!!!

bradsonemanband and irthesteve like this.
  19. irthesteve

LOL, the lyric video obviously isn't for us. There's plenty of people who love lyric videos, ok!

20. Maggie Lizer

That's not what it means. Taylor will control who gets to use her songs commercially. Universal will be the new copyright administrator (taking over from Sony), meaning they will collect royalties, oversee licensing deals, and may pitch her songs to commercial entities if Taylor approves (not that her songs really need pitching).

21. irthesteve

22. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

She better dominate this summer with Cruel Summer all over the radio is all I'm saying. Or else everything is a lie and a sham!!

23. HE LOOKS UP GRINNING LIKE THE DEVIL!!!!

24. irthesteve

[​IMG]

25. irthesteve