Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 132

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

She already performed All Too Well at the Tiny Desk. Legal precedent is there that they didn’t care until it became collateral.

shea likes this.
  2. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

It’s literally just about trying to block her from celebrating her legacy and it’s despicable.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the Netflix special might have been what that secret record was
    but yeah that it's fucked up that two grown ass men with fragile egos are holding her music hostage because they're bitter

4. personalmaps

Big Machine simply would not exist in its current capacity without Taylor Swift. The investment from her family built the label and in return she trusted him, despite being asked to sign a predatory 6 album deal. I’m sorry, I don’t care what went wrong- it makes Scott look like such a small man to be this unprofessional and punitive to a woman who gave him the life he has.

The bright side is that if it gets pushed to court, Taylor could legitimately revolutionize the music industry.

5. Super fucked up.

And on a related but not as important note, I’m kinda bummed that she said she is planning on doing carbon copy re-recordings of her catalog. I was hoping she was planning on doing new interpretations of all the old stuff.

6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Can’t believe this shit. You should be able to perform your own goddamn songs.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

There cannot be legal grounds to bar her from actually performing them right? How is it a re-recording unless she literally sells the recordings of those performances? But who knows it is the music industry so I guess it wouldn't be as shocking as it seems. What do Scooter and Scott think they are going to achieve from this? It is literally just them spitting in her face. Even if she re-records every song SHE ever wrote, it's not going to stop people from listening to the old recordings, they will make their fortunes regardless. For gods sake does she not just deserve to celebrate for once without entitled men getting in her way.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

sonder, ghostedaway, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It bums me out that Scooter is in charge of Carly’s career. I hope she can get away from him.

SteveLikesMusic, Brent and Joe4th like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I refuse to acknowledge Cats but here we go

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

12. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Stan Twitter always does this and it’s hilarious every time

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

LOL, that's not real? Totally tricked me hahaahah.

Beautiful Ghosts is very nice, but very showtuney (shocker!) It shows that she would probably kill it on Broadway, probably is pretty good in Cats despite the movie looking like trash

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

from Halsey

[​IMG]

Contender, sonder, ItsAndrew and 4 others like this.
  15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

A few things. 1. Big Machine sucks ass. 2. Halsey rules. 3. I am a decently big TSwift fan but for some reason just hadn’t listened much to the new album. I’ve done that tonight and damn, it’s great.

16. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

17. personalmaps

Halsey + Taylor BFF squad is truly everything I want in my entire life so like............let's make it happen.

also: the ALW song rules and I can't wait for Taylor to EGOT and for Scott Borchetta to eat shit.

astereo and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  18. @@ron

Regular

Yeah this new song is exciting. She sounds great

19. personalmaps

BMR right on time with their press release about Taylor being a calculated liar and acting as if she's threatening their employees when she literally just said "can anyone tell Scott and Scooter to let me live."

20. "Beautiful Ghosts" rules

21. personalmaps

she just released a statement w/ receipts that BMR specifically blocked the Netflix special and AMAs performance and says they owe HER $7mil in unpaid royalties.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

"It is her grace and patience in these moments that make her Artist of the Decade." What a line

23. Apparently, actually $7.9mil so let's just round that up to $8mil. DAMN!

sonder and personalmaps like this.
  24. personalmaps

i'm so heated about this lmao i have been evangelizing on it at work all day.

sonder and Joe4th like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Pause for a moment, her publicist is named Tree Paine ????!!!!!????

bradsonemanband and Brent like this.