Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 129

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 25, 2019.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I’d pay $500 for a theatre show of Taylor playing for two plus hours.

Garrett L. and shea like this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The most expensive tickets I've ever bought was for Radiohead and even they were only that expensive cause I suck and supported StubHub. I dont like Taylor's performing style enough to drop big bucks and pay for pricey seats and a flight and hotel, but if she does any regular tours in the future for this cycle and comes near me I'd totally love to get cheap nosebleeds to see her play Cruel Summer. Would go just for that track and the others would all be a bonus. I feel like if i haven't yelled along with a live audience to "I love you ain't that the worst thing you ever heard? He looks up grinning like a devil!" My life is p mediocre

3. You know, I actually applied for that job so it's bold of them to hire someone else and then post the exact content I'd have posted

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Garrett L. like this.
  4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

i think you have a grounds for an intellectual property case here

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

some people on Twitter made a very cursed realization about Paper Rings

Your Milkshake likes this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've said the Weezer comparison a few times, and have never seen iCarly

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. a lack of color

Regular

9. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Once Craig pointed out the Jack yelp I started hearing it in all of his music and it kills me every time :crylaugh::crylaugh:

10. dorfmac

Trusted

The weezer thing came to mind the first time I heard it. I just assumed everyone thought that

11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I love the Antonoff yelp.

ECV likes this.
  12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I f---ing LOVE the prechoruses on this album.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  13. As a songwriter idk I get very bored very quickly by policing similarities within an artist's own catalog. I guess I just don't listen that way. If a song sounds like its own song by itself and delivers its own message, I'm good.

14. irthesteve

The irony of this discussion happening on a forum which was born from the pop-punk world does not pass me by.

15. Don't be silly, nothing in here is made of iron.

Garrett L. likes this.
  16. irthesteve

the iron knees are kill me

Garrett L. likes this.
  17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I read this in the voice of one Miss Britney Spears

Kiana and irthesteve like this.
  18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I was wondering today how Taylor's music will one day sound when shes not trying to prove everyone wrong. And I don't mean that as a knock on Taylor but the fact that a woman can be like the most successful popstar rn and it's still not enough is sad - not a sad reflection on her but on the state of how female musicians and popstars specifically are viewed. Like she talked about writing speak now by herself to prove to others she could, 1989 was impacted by her losing the Grammy for Red, and writing Death By A Thousand Cuts to prove she could still write a sad song while happy. Idk. Again I don't blame her for any of these things and obv I enjoy the output but it also makes me wonder a totally unrestrained Taylor album would sound like

19. I think we heard large moments of that on Lover, to be honest.

And for what it's worth, I interpreted "Death By A Thousand Cuts" as her proving she could still do it to herself. I think *that* kind of drive is what keeps people evolving.

irthesteve likes this.
  20. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I think “Death by A Thousand Cuts” is easily a top 3 Taylor song. It’s her going back to her first four albums without rehashing anything. It’s all about the heightened stakes in the relationship she’s writing about.

wisdomfordebris and Kiana like this.
  21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

really like this album

wisdomfordebris and bodkins like this.
  22. bodkins

Trusted

23. irthesteve

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

25. irthesteve