Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 117

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The Archer has the same aspect I enjoy about Sad Beautiful Tragic. In the way that the songs have restraint and just come off so simple and vulnerable.

/Say simple and vulnerable one more time

Anna Acosta and Craig Manning like this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"Sad, Beautiful, Tragic" is so underappreciated. I love that song.

Anna Acosta, @@ron and Kiana like this.
  3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

It's also probably because I will go to to my goddamn grave as a true believer in the album as a form. So variety is crucial. Some long songs and big productions. Some simple moments and tension that doesn't resolve. Up songs. Down songs. Balance.

Craig Manning likes this.
  4. Craig Manning

It's definitely comforting to know that she shares this belief.

offislandghost and Matt Chylak like this.
  5. cshadows2887

Very much so.

Meanwhile, someone needs to get her to evangelize Sheryl Crow about it.

6. Craig Manning

No doubt about that. That new Crow record was an odd listen, and it’s supposedly her last?

7. cshadows2887

I've heard such intriguingly mixed things, which, tbh, is kinda awesome for someone who's played it fairly conservative of late.

And yeah she's on that train of "nobody listens to albums anymore, so I'll just make songs"

8. Craig Manning

It’s not bad by any means, and there are some really awesome collabs on it. Just kind of a weird collection of songs and guests.

Ugh. No quicker way for an artist to lose me than to say “I’m just going to release singles now.”

9. cshadows2887

Especially one who made Sheryl Crow and The Globe Sessions.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I think it's that she's discouraged by the music industry and I can't blame her

but yeah she sounds great but 17 tracks with over 20 other artists and an hour and 15 minutes is a lot

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I do agree with this

12. this summed up why I love that song much better than I did tbh, it didn't feel petty (to me) bc it felt genuine

13. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I wonder what her first weeks numbers would have been if “Me!” Wasn’t on the album.....

It’s not like she needed it to get to 1 million.

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

the new Sheryl Crow album is trash, is that what we're talking about in here? The Stevie and Maren song is great though

15. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

hi never got into Taylor that much but "Cruel Summer" is very possibly the best song I've heard all year

I DON'T WANNA KEEP SECRETS JUST TO KEEP YOU!

16. Craig Manning

And Tuesday Night Music Club!

Hopefully she sees the light. Not that long ago, Third Eye Blind were going to give up on albums and just release singles and EPs. But lo and behold, there’s a full-length out this fall.

I get why artists from that era are discouraged, but I don’t think the problem is the album format; the problem is they found success in genres that aren’t super popular anymore and radio formats that don’t exist anymore. You’re not going to fix that by just releasing singles and ditching albums. That’s essentially just punishing the fans you do have in pursuit of the fans you’re probably not going to get anyway.

As for the album, it’s way too much. Trimming some of it down would help a lot. I really like the Maren/Stevie, Stapleton, and Isbell tracks though.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Let's all revisit this today

TylerDrumming likes this.
  18. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Listening to Soon You’ll Get Better on the train from Rome to Venice with my mom was an unexpected cry in public.

19. Kiana

I feel personally victimized that we didn't get Cruel Summer as our light breezy song of summer single with cute summer video. I swear she hates me. I'd love to be driving in the sunshine and have that song pop up on the radio. Like yes I can play it myself but it's not the same!!

20. Kiana

I think @Anna Acosta mentioned it earlier, but as someone who has been in a toxic/abusive relationship in the past I could srsly dance around to I Forgot That You Existed all day

Anna Acosta likes this.
  21. that song is a gift for people with trauma full stop

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  22. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

The way she sings "it was so niiiice" is honestly so nice.

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  23. it's so peaceful and quiet

Garrett L., SpyKi and unbornwhiskey like this.
  24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This has become my train album in Italy and rolling through the hills of Veneto between Venice and Verona had me more up in my feels than Drake so yeah

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  25. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

this is incredible. INCREDIBLE.

irthesteve likes this.