Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - folklore (July 24, 2020) Album • Page 149

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Watched it tonight after thanksgiving dinner and it was so special

2. shea Nov 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 26, 2020)
    shea

RIP Supporter

Finally watching it right now and she is really solidifying herself as my absolute favorite.

just finished. I adored it but I am highly annoyed no one played harmonica on betty.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

My only sadness was that Jack didn't sing his background vocals on the two tracks

Barresi likes this.
  4. The live thing was cool! I really adore that she keeps surprising us with these awesome specials at the end of the year, especially in this one when we all needed it the most. The space they were in looked so cozy and I think it’s really special that every Taylor fan has gotten to experience a live version of these songs for the first time in the exact same way. What an album cycle, man.

Had to laugh at how much it highlighted Aaron really being cut from a different cloth lol. Since this level of stardom is still pretty new to him, it seemed like he couldn’t really turn “it” on the same way Taylor and Jack do — or at least is just nowhere near as invested in the narrative of these songs lyrically as either of them. I think it was during the August commentary where Tay went on for so long about the characters on the album that he took a sip from his completely empty glass of wine lmao

5. @@ron

Regular

This is the 8th day my vinyl has showed pre-shipment in the tracking and is just sitting in Michigan :(

6. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Same

GrantCloud likes this.
  7. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Vinyl is being delivered today!!!

8. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

mine was like from November 10th til maybe the 21st in pre-shipment? I originally emailed customer support and just asked if they had a timeline when things get mailed out and they said it could take up to two weeks from pre-shipment to mail out. So hopefully it’s soon for you!

jorbjorb and @@ron like this.
  9. @@ron

Regular

thanks!

GrantCloud likes this.
  10. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

It would be pretty dope if she eventually pressed the long pond sessions on vinyl. I would definitely buy that.

chhholly123 and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. I’m sure it’s just around the corner. $$$

12. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I'm $ure it i$

13. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Songs didn’t sound any different than the album version. Was a neat little thing but didn’t think it added much to the back story of the album.

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Just finished. I loved it. Watching it just reaffirmed why I love her so much. Aaron and Jack are great too. Also, her revealing who William Bowery is was not something I was expecting.

irthesteve likes this.
  15. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Anyone here know how to cancel an order for 1M shirts? Asking for a friend...

547CFA59-A4B2-4365-92D7-095208B8C605.jpeg

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I always see you guys talking about the vinyl. Is it taking an abnormally long time to ship? If so, why? Is Covid impacting vinyl distribution and shipping too or is this more specific to taylors merch setup?

17. Probably all of the above

18. Philll

Trusted

Just watched long pond, can confirm its lovely. Her voice sounds so on point. Really cementing this as a top 3 album of the year for me.

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

So she mentions that she didn't tell her label about the project literally until a week before she released it. So regarding the website design, and getting the store up and running to handle all the Folklore-related orders, they got all that done in a week? Or I assume most of it was handled before she told the label? I guess I'm just wondering what was the label's involvement, if any, in that week pre-album release

20. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Well merch wise everything was a mock up. So she probably did the photoshoot that week or on her own. Even the CDs were a like two weeks behind.

21. irthesteve

And we have to remember, she (and her team) have access to maybe the most resources.... Ever? They can get shit done fast.

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, I can imagine if Taylor calls and says she’s got an album ready to go next week the whole label operates on an ‘all hands on deck’ basis!

bradsonemanband and irthesteve like this.
  23. irthesteve

Exactly, if Taylor says she has an album, you literally work 24/7 until you announce

24. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I do also think this is a bit of an embellishment in Taylor’s part - she likes to romanticize the truth and I kind of doubt they came up with and ran with the idea to do multiple timed merch drops and 8 vinyl variants in under a week.

25. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Can confirm that is exactly what happened!

awakeohsleeper, Contender and bodkins like this.