Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - folklore (July 24, 2020) Album • Page 142

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Jul 23, 2020.

1. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Is it just certain variations being sent out first? Honestly I don’t mind waiting, but I’m just wondering if that dictates who has gotten it yet. (I ordered the “in the weeds” version, but it still is in pre-shipment phase)

Matt Chylak likes this.
  2. pbueddi

Trusted

Now mine just got canceled and refunded. What is going on?

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

My order has been "processed" as of a few minutes ago. I've got "running like water" as my variant, so maybe others with that one are about to be sent, too. (@personalmaps)

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

5. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Seems kind of stupid considering this month is when she was allowed to re-record everything.

6. It's stupid for the company/person/people that bought them, and wise of Scooter. If Taylor follows through and re-records her old albums, Scooter (and now this new buyer) would (will) probably lose money off of the originals. Selling them now was definitely a smart move, from a business perspective. But god damn, the dude is selfish as fuck.

7. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Oh 100%, that's what I meant. This is the perfect time for that chode to get out.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It was Nils Sjöberg

bobby_runs likes this.
  9. irthesteve

Unfortunately it's already been confirmed that Taylor is uninvolved at all

10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

As much as I would love her to have her masters back, the prospect of all those albums being re-recorded with her better vocal training and maturity was going to be *chef's kiss* so I hope it wasn't her.

11. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Are Taylor fans crazy or is Taylor?

12. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I for one do NOT want a better vocal performance from her on any of her earlier albums. For me it would lose all the charm those early albums have.

Craig Manning likes this.
  13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I mean, speaking on a purely selfish level, I still would love to hear a Taylor Swift in her 30s re-record (just specifically) Fearless. Would be such a special listening experience, with how perfectly that album captures a certain youthful experience. There’d be so much beautiful subtext added, not to mention how good it’d sound.

Though, still... going so far as to say you “hope” she can’t have her masters because of that is a bit much, lol. :teethsmile:

14. irthesteve

I welcome with open arms full re-recordings, but there is a near-zero chance that re-recordings would become my go-to method of listening to them

trevorshmevor and Craig Manning like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

sonder, awakeohsleeper, shea and 4 others like this.
  16. irthesteve

[​IMG]

17. What I want to hear her do is reimagine the new recordings entirely. I'm also very hopefully we might finally get studio versions of the some of the tour versions I've salivated over through the years. The 1989 version of WANEGBT comes to mind, and the Rep tour Should've Said No/Bad Blood mashup does too.

I don't want her to remake the old recordings just to remake them, but something tells me she wouldn't. How would you deliver that song if it were new, now? That kinda thing.

And while we're here, she and Hayley Williams can finally give us the problematic ass "Misery Business"/"Better Than Revenge" studio mashup we deserve. (This won't happen, but I've been thinking about how they're different perspectives of the same song for years).

18. irthesteve

or the 1989-vibes version of Love Story

sonder, RJ Knorr, Mary V and 3 others like this.
  19. *whispers, but in a yelling manner*

AND THE EXTENDED VERSION OF ALL TOO WELL DAMMIT

Matt Chylak, Garrett, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  20. irthesteve

haha, didn't she say that doesn't actually exist in any reality, just that she had basically written longer versions or recorded more verses, but never actually made an extended version?

21. yes I believe that's correct, so I am asking her to actually make it now

22. I’d loooove re-imaginings of the old songs. It just seems like it’d be so much more artistically rewarding for her, rather than just tracing over everything exactly.

I’d also be into the idea of her recording a few of her old unreleased tracks and make an official “TS ZERO” like I did a year or something ago with her unreleased stuff.

She says she has surprises in store, so my curiosity is definitely peaked.

Give us the 10 minute long “All Too Well” Taylor!

23. Tim

Fearless is a perfect album in its current form, & also a very nostalgic album. But, I really think a re-recorded version of it that stays reasonably close to the original would automatically be interesting in a new way (which I don’t really think about any other album of hers).

I know all her albums are snapshots in a certain way, but that one just feels like a snapshot in a different way. The self-titled is underrated & has gems but isn’t quite fully formed, & Speak Now is the beginning of her albums being written by Pop Star & Icon Taylor Swift. Fearless, though, is this brilliant look at the world through the eyes of a teenage girl, to the extent of becoming almost an unintentional concept album.

And, that’s why I’m so eager to hear those songs, in generally those arrangements, performed by an artist in her 30s. I wanna hear the artist behind Red & folklore revisit the journey of “Fearless,” & “Fifteen,” & “The Best Day,” & “Change.” That already wonderful pop album will then, without any major reimagining, grow into an even deeper look at childhood & growing up.

And then, yeah, sure. Throw that 1989 reimagining of “Love Story” as a bonus track, ‘cause it rules.

24. Tim

Also... when she gets to Speak Now, what’s she gonna do to “Innocent”?