Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Taylor's Versions (Re-Recordings Official Thread) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

so like 100% chance we get Red in December so she can release 22 (Taylor's Version) on the day she turns 32 right, that's the album I'm most curious because I imagine time healed some of those wounds

3. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

I'm by far least interested in the Reputation re-record because Ed Sheeran's mere presence aside, I think the production choices on the album are near flawless. A good handful of mediocre songs keep it from being a classic, not the way it sounds. So it Goes is not one of the mediocre songs, though.

Can't imagine cutting anything on 1989 other than I Know Places. Which isn't even bad it just feels hella out of place.

Anna Acosta and Garrett like this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Welcome To New York is the worst song there, but it's a perfect album opener so I can't complain. Bad Blood isn't great but it's fun enough

Anna Acosta and Brent like this.
  5. New Romantics is top tier Taylor

dorfmac, Brent, astereo and 3 others like this.
  6. irthesteve

I wonder if we'll get any sort of music video for Live Story tonight. I doubt it, but maybe? Music videos bring in so much revenue too, so it wouldn't be a bad idea.

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Was wondering the same thing, guess we'll find out in a few minutes!

irthesteve likes this.
  8. Two minutes!

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Playing now

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

CAC3 likes this.
  11. irthesteve

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Loving this mature-voice-Taylor take on the song, hahaha

CAC3 likes this.
  13. irthesteve

She's amazing, it's even better than the original

Garrett, TJ Wells and CAC3 like this.
  14. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Song still bops after 13 years

15. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Yeah, this is fine. Little more lush than the original which is cool.

Garrett likes this.
  16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I assume by the time we get to 1989, it'll pretty much be the same exact album in terms of how it sounds

17. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Wow, the nostalgia hit me surprisingly hard watching that lyric video. Honestly felt myself get a little emotional? lol. This whole thing’s gonna be such a sentimental experience when it drops.

Garrett likes this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

Sounds great! Honestly didn't realize how much her voice has changed until I went back to the original.

Urghhh do I pre order this new vinyl, or just order the platinum edition on Amazon for half the price?!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

She has never pretended this is anything other than asserting herself. Here for the bonus tracks and maybe some of the merch (because she's going to release so much damn merch).

How long do we think she'll take to release all six? I bet a coworker $100 we get at least three this year.

20. Just finished listening back to back, yeah it’s wild getting a literal 1:1 on how much her voice has changed. Such a cool project. Excited to hear the rest!

21. irthesteve

22. brendanmachow Feb 11, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2021)
    brendanmachow

not a doctor

Listened to Enchanted for the first time since 2010 and was overcome with the longing for memories I can't piece together anymore.

Welp. That sucked.

HAPPY RE-RECORDING OF TAYLOR SWIFT ERA EVERYBODY!

23. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

It’s exactly this. If the whole thing is to encourage people seeking use of her songs then the only way to do that is to stick to the original everything as much as possible.

even if she wanted to “re-imagine” lyrics or POV it would be the best business decision for the original rights holder to push those changed songs.

Those two criticisms are why I’ve never seen Speak Now as this holy grail. She needs someone else in the room to reign in her talents.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  24. irthesteve

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Right? Hit play with my cup of coffee and got way more emotional that I ever should have.