Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Taylor's Versions (Re-Recordings Official Thread) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Feb 11, 2021.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

reputation is amazing and her most underrated album

2. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Re-recording or not, I will probably never relisten to Reputation in full ever again

BoldTitan and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

welcome to the resistance there are dozens of us

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  4. Garrett

bold statement: reputation is her only album without a cutable song

Craig don’t @ me I already know

Craig Manning and irthesteve like this.
  5. Clockwork

Regular

I love Reputation’s sound, but the some of the lyrics are... questionable. And I immensely dislike the “If the world thinks I’m a bad girl, then a bad girl I will be!!” cosplaying. The second half love story has some of her best songs though.

bobby_runs likes this.
  6. irthesteve

It comes the closest, by one song, to folklore. folklore has zero cuts, reputation has So It Goes and the rest have at least 2

Matt Chylak likes this.
  7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't remember when I discovered Taylor honestly. My cousin used to be a massive fan so I think this was the first album of hers I listened to, although I feel like I listened to "Our Song" when it came out, so maybe I'm wrong.

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

DId anyone here attend the Fearless Tour? I wish I did!

9. It was my first Taylor tour. I was in the nosebleeds at the Staples Center and it was amazing. :verysad:

Garrett and ItsAndrew like this.
  10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve yet to see her sadly. I do still have tickets to Lover Fest though...

11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yeah, ha, gonna have to disagree with you on that one.

Garrett likes this.
  12. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I mostly disagree with the idea that all of her albums have cuts. I don’t love every song on Fearless or Red or folklore or evermore, but I don’t feel a huge need to “cut” any songs from them. Lover and Reputation are the big “there are songs I really don’t like” albums. Lover probably has more cuttable songs than Reputation, but Reputation has more “these songs would be better with a different production approach” songs. If that makes sense.

Also, just popped into my head: I wonder what she’s going to do with “Better Than Revenge.”

Anna Acosta likes this.
  13. I know I love a lot of stuff about reputation that you 100% do not love but we're agreed on not seeing less favored tracks as cuts on most of her records. As well as BTR curiosity.

Craig Manning likes this.
  14. Garrett

There are songs I’d cut if it were my artistic vision, but it’s not. I still know a ton of them front to back lyrically because that’s how great she is even with “not my favorite” stuff.

It’s definitely way more excited bullshitting/using brain power during a pandemic about art I love than anything.

15. irthesteve

[​IMG]

sonder, bobby_runs and Anna Acosta like this.
  16. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

upload_2021-2-11_16-50-51.jpeg

17. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Feminist rewrite of Better than revenge feat hayley williams tbh

19. irthesteve

regarding Better Than Revenge, I would guess it's going to be structurally the same but some lyric changes.

20. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The song I’m most curious about is “Innocent,” tbh.

21. irthesteve

I think the thing about Innocent versus like... Dear John, is that it's by design less specific and more open to interpretation. Like, the ideas and the message she is getting across in Innocent are very universal, and Kanye is only part of the narrative because of what we know about real world events. In a very similar sense, so many of her songs are about exes, and even if she doesn't feel the same about the exes now as she did then, the sentiment is still the same. That make sense? Dear John actually has his name in it, hah. But I think that him and Taylor are probably at a much better place in their relationship/friendship/existence than her and Kanye

Anna Acosta likes this.
  22. Garrett

I think it would be pretty disingenuous to the stated purpose of the project to change any of the songs lyrically (Picture to Burn notwithstanding having already had that one line changed). If she doesn't do songs like Innocent, Better Than Revenge, or Dear John exactly the same, it leaves the more known version in Scooter's hands.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  23. manoverboard365

Trusted

If she's gonna change anything about Speak Now, I hope its that Dear John is no longer 7 minutes long and Enchanted isn't almost 6. Amazing songs that unfortunately start to overstay their welcome.

bobby_runs and irthesteve like this.
  24. @@ron

Regular

I hope they’re even longer...

Contender likes this.
  25. irthesteve

Dear John is wayyyyyyyyyyy too long, I've actually never noticed Enchanted being that long though

SpyKi, Garrett and chhholly123 like this.