Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Taylor's Versions (Re-Recordings Official Thread) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Feb 11, 2021.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Wonder if all the TS Versions will be 26 tracks because math.

irthesteve likes this.
  2. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Triple post.

can I just put a down payment to secure all the vinyl copies of Taylor’s Version?

bradsonemanband and Garrett like this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

At some point I downloaded some massive Taylor unreleased songs collection, I wonder if these 6 songs are a part of those leaked tracks or completely secret and new

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I wonder if she’s gonna do This Is What You Came For.

Matt Chylak and irthesteve like this.
  5. if she does that then the people demand "better man" as well

Garrett and irthesteve like this.
  6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I got the sense that at least some of them had never been recorded, but I could be wrong.

irthesteve and bradsonemanband like this.
  7. irthesteve

I would be shocked if Better Man isn't part of Red.

That being said, it is a completely different situation where Scooter/new owner doesn't own that song, it's actually another band's, so maybe not.

8. Craig Manning

I feel like the folks in Little Big Town would be more than happy if she recorded her own version. Maybe she’ll do it with them as a featured artist or something.

Or maybe this is just wishful thinking, because that song is the one thing I most want out of this project.

9. irthesteve

I would love it, fingers crossed

Craig Manning likes this.
  10. I'm not convinced Better Man is a Red holdover (It has the country vibe but I don't think the lyrics are that old) but I get it

11. irthesteve

do you think she's lying?!?!!??!

bradsonemanband and Anna Acosta like this.
  12. no, I just was wrong and never saw this hahahahaha

that song feels SO MUCH MORE GROWN UP than most of Red (which I adore) so this is very very interesting to me!

13. irthesteve

what's most interesting to me is wondering WHY it didn't make Red. Like, was it never finished? Did she not love it? Did the label think it was bad???

Anna Acosta likes this.
  14. I think that's part of why my brain rejects the idea that it's from the Red era. How did that song not make the cut? It's baffling.

irthesteve likes this.
  15. Craig Manning

Maybe the lyrics were in rough draft mode or something? It’s definitely weird that she wouldn’t have thrown that on the second half of Red if it was ready to go.

irthesteve likes this.
  16. irthesteve

@bradsonemanband didn't you do a deep dive and remaster of a lot of her old demos? Do you know which demos are from the Fearless era?

17. I'm not sure which tracks are from when exactly, but there are definitely some songs that sound more Fearless-ish than self titled-ish or Speak Now-ish. But who knows!

18. This Love def fit better on 1989 somehow

19. Gianni

Trusted

Help out someone who never appreciated Taylor before the two 2020 records. I understand completely the what and why of what she is doing here - but is there any consensus among "Swifties" as to HOW this is going to sound, production-wise?

I guess we will certainly get a better idea tonight, but what are people thinking? Is she going to try to just replicate the sound and feel of the originals, or will these be uniquely their own? Because if it's the latter, and they have the feel of her more recent work, I am all in.

20. irthesteve

I think fans WANT all new updated arrangements, but EXPECT pretty carbon copy-ish to the originals

21. Craig Manning

The little bit we've heard of "Love Story" sounds very similar to the original.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Media asked Alex Morgan a bunch of questions about Taylor Swift l, a mail sports journalist got mad about it on Twitter, Alex shut it down

23. Gianni

Trusted

Gotcha gotcha. I'm basically going to use this roll out as my "excuse" to listen to the rest of her catalog. But also thinking maybe I should run through the originals first, so I can compare.

Craig Manning likes this.
  24. Craig Manning

Up to you, really! It might be fun, if you wait, to listen to the new ones and then go back to the old ones.

Gianni28 likes this.
  25. Gianni

Trusted

Yeah I think I'm leaning towards that. I tend to get a little burnt out on an artist when I try to do full catalog runs anyway. I like to pepper older albums in a few per week with all the new stuff that is constantly being released.